2 Project Assistants – Nature Uganda
Job Title: 2 Project Assistants
Organization: Nature Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assist Project Officers in promoting conservation and development activities in the target area including interventions to improve livelihoods of host communities, and empower Local civil society groups to engage in rights based advocacy processes.
- Support and or participate in monitoring project interventions and data collection activities as planned to track the performance of project interventions such as restoration actions.
- Facilitate community mobilisation for meetings and other project activities and interventions.
- Support communities in wetlands or forest monitoring and compliance with regulations.
- In collaboration with other members of project teams, create awareness about the value of wetlands, woodlands, forest and agroforestry by outlining conservation benefits.
- Guide communities on project implementation through provision of on-site training and follow up of project interventions.
- Support communities to understand their roles and responsibilities as regards to access and use of the wetland, woodland or forest resources.
- Support capacity building of collaborating partners as well as the local community to effectively participate in the implementation of programme activities
- Support establishment of demonstrations on Climate-Smart Agriculture (CSA), and other sustainable land management practices and also follow up the performance of established demonstrations on project interventions.
- Support monitoring implementation of all project activities in the operational areas
- Represent Nature Uganda whenever called upon at various community meetings and other stakeholder engagements and any other functions.
- Support and input into developing elaborate activity work plans and budgets for implementation of project activities at site level and produce regular progress reports.
- Support and contribute to other quarterly and annual reports as necessary
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- The applicant should have a minimum of a Certificate/ Diploma in Education, social work, natural resources management, tourism or community Development
- A degree in community development, natural resources management, social work, or any other relevant subject in community development and natural resources management is an added advantage
- Experience working with community, extension and mobilisation skills, experience of working at remote locations essential.
- Should have good working knowledge of the project area selected
- Should be willing and ready to live in the respective project area
- Ability to write reports and meet strict deadlines.
- Self-motivated, with ability to work under limited supervision, strong commitment to nature conservation.
- Knowledge and experience in NGO work, community work, and or working with district authorities.
- Basic knowledge in the use of computers or smartphones, and other data collecting tools/gadgets.
- Fluent and excellent verbal and written proficiency in English and at least one local language widely used in project area.
Applications addressed to:
The Executive Director Nature Uganda
Interested applicants should submit their applications consisting of a CV and cover letter and be emailed to:
or delivered to
Nature Uganda Offices on
Plot 1 Katalima Crescent Lower Naguru
P. O. Box 27034 Kampala, no later than 5pm on 17th February 2023.
Closing Date: not later than 12th FEB 2023
For similar Jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
Get Email Job Updates
Search Jobs Here
Most Popular Jobs
- QA/QC Inspector – China Petroleum Pipeline Engineering Co., Ltd
- HSEQ Quality Co-ordinator – Total Energies
- Logistics Safety Coordinator Graduate – Hima Cement Ltd
- Nutrition Assistant – DanChurchAid (DCA) Uganda
- Banking Officer – Yako Bank (U) Limited
- Front Desk Administrator – Total Energies
- Administrative Assistant – MRC/UVRI
- Research Associate – The Share Trust
- Graduate Management Trainee – Airtel Uganda
- 50 Waiters/Waitress/Cleaners – Earn 1 million per Month in Qatar
Categories: Jobs In Uganda
- Accounting Jobs In Uganda (495)
- Administration & Secretarial Jobs In Uganda (1,281)
- Agricultural Jobs In Uganda (156)
- Auditing Jobs In Uganda (107)
- Aviation Jobs In Uganda (47)
- Banking Jobs In Uganda (394)
- Beauty and Saloon Jobs In Uganda (2)
- Building and Construction Jobs In Uganda (2)
- Business & Development Jobs In Uganda (297)
- Call Centre Jobs In Uganda (35)
- Career Advice (12)
- Catering Jobs In Uganda (23)
- Communications Jobs In Uganda (103)
- Counselling Jobs In Uganda (45)
- Customer Care Jobs In Uganda (116)
- Data Collection Entry and Analysis Jobs In Uganda (359)
- Debt Collection Jobs In Uganda (23)
- Driving Jobs In Uganda (179)
- Economist Jobs in Uganda (6)
- Education Teaching and Lecturing Jobs In Uganda (137)
- Embassy Jobs In Uganda (67)
- Engineering Jobs In Uganda (370)
- Entrepreneurship (2)
- Environment Jobs in Uganda (71)
- Fashion Design Jobs (3)
- Fast Food & Restaurant Jobs (9)
- Field Jobs in Uganda (316)
- Finance Jobs (682)
- Food Science and Nutrition Jobs in Uganda (92)
- Freelancing Jobs (2)
- Front Desk Jobs in Uganda (82)
- Geoscience Jobs in Uganda (5)
- Graduate Trainee Jobs in Uganda (394)
- Graphics & Design Jobs (10)
- Guidance & Counseling Jobs (17)
- Health & Safety Jobs in Uganda (63)
- Hospitality & Tourism Jobs in Uganda (42)
- Hotel Jobs (18)
- Human Resource Jobs in Uganda (222)
- Human Rights Jobs (27)
- ICT and Computer Jobs (482)
- Insurance Jobs in Uganda (85)
- Internal Audit Jobs in Uganda (30)
- Internships & Trainings in Uganda (533)
- Laboratory Jobs in Uganda (116)
- Land Surveying Jobs (2)
- Legal Jobs (121)
- Manufacturing Jobs (27)
- Marketing Jobs (144)
- Media and Mass Communications Jobs (68)
- Medical & Health Jobs In Uganda (459)
- Micro finance Jobs in Uganda (132)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs in Uganda (250)
- NGO Jobs in Uganda (2,573)
- No Experience Jobs in Uganda (631)
- Nursing Jobs in Uganda (27)
- Oil and Gas Jobs (12)
- Part Time Jobs in Uganda (40)
- Pharmacy Jobs in Uganda (22)
- Procurement & Supply Chain Jobs in Uganda (215)
- Projects Management Jobs in Uganda (312)
- Public Relations Jobs in Uganda (13)
- Quality Assurance (4)
- Real Estate Jobs in Uganda (5)
- Receptionist Jobs in Uganda (64)
- Records Library and Document Control Jobs (91)
- Research Jobs In Uganda (125)
- Sales and Marketing Jobs in Uganda (325)
- Scholarships for Ugandans (10)
- Social Work Jobs in Uganda (265)
- Sports Jobs (1)
- Statistics Job in Uganda (73)
- Stores Management Jobs in Uganda (103)
- Supervisor Jobs (3)
- Taxation Jobs in Uganda (16)
- Telecom Jobs in Uganda (29)
- Translator Jobs (3)
- Transport and Logistics Jobs in Uganda (150)
- Typing jobs (2)
- Uganda Government jobs (299)
- UN jobs in Uganda (411)
- Uncategorized (321)
- Veterinary Jobs in Uganda (4)
- Volunteer jobs in Uganda (89)