Environment & Safety Officer – Bondrich Advisory Group
Job Title: Environment & Safety Officer
Organization: Bondrich Advisory Group
Duty station: Kampala
Roles and responsibilities:
- Develop and implement health, safety, and environmental policies
- Create and update policies and procedures that align with local and national regulations, as well as industry standards.
- Ensure that these policies are communicated effectively to all employees.
- Identify potential hazards and assess risks within the workplace. Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of existing control measures and recommend improvements to minimize risks to employees and the environment.
- Develop and deliver training programs to educate employees on health, safety, and environmental issues. Train employees on emergency response procedures, proper use of protective equipment, and safe work practices.
- Investigate accidents, near-misses, and incidents to determine root causes and develop strategies to prevent recurrence. Prepare reports documenting incidents, findings, and recommended corrective actions.
- Conduct regular inspections and audits to ensure compliance with legal requirements, company policies, and industry standards. Identify non-compliance issues and develop corrective action plans.
- Develop emergency response plans and procedures, including evacuation plans, first aid protocols, and crisis management strategies. Conduct drills and exercises to test the effectiveness of these plans.
- Implement measures to minimize the environmental impact of the organization’s operations. This may include waste management, pollution control, and energy conservation initiatives.
- Maintain strong relationships with relevant regulatory agencies and ensure that the organization complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Keep up-to-date with changes in legislation and communicate updates to management and employees.
- Promote a culture of safety and environmental awareness within the organization.
- Regularly communicate HSE initiatives, updates, and best practices to employees through various channels.
- Collect and analyze HSE data to identify trends and areas for improvement. Prepare reports and presentations to communicate key metrics and performance indicators to management.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science or related field;
- At least 2 years’ experience in health, safety and environment work.
- Professional Qualification or equivalent is an added advantage
- In-depth knowledge of Occupational safety legislation and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organization skills
How to Apply:
Application Deadline: 12th August 2023