Administrative Assistant – Heritage International School
Job Position: Administrative Assistant/Immigration Liaison
Organization: Heritage International School
Duty station: Kampala
- Coordinates office administrative services for the school including implementing and updating administrative policies, procedures and services
- Serve as secretary and provide administrative assistance to the Head of School:
- Creating, editing, updating, photocopying and filing documents and templates as needed by the Administration
- Assists with the arrangements for special events i.e. guest speakers, parent/teacher interviews, and open houses
- Perform a wide variety of problem-solving tasks in support of the Heritage staff.
- Assisting with professional development activities by finding and organizing essential documents, assisting with scheduling, maintaining a record of activities, and providing staff with necessary paperwork
- Taking meeting minutes (Admin Team, Board, Curriculum Committee, etc.) and keeping an organized and accessible record of them
- Prepares, maintains and files a variety of school based records, lists and reports
- Researching and providing helpful information on a variety of educational topics as instructed by the Head of School
- Updating and distributing communications which may include but is not limited to the school’s website, social media, school notice boards, newsletters and other communication with parents, colleagues and the community.
- Assisting in the creation, distribution, and analysis of school surveys
- Assisting in the organization (creation, minutes, attendance) of school committees
- Providing front desk coverage when assistance is needed
- Possess a minimum of an undergraduate degree from a recognized university
- Previous experience of working in an office environment, dealing with face to face interactions (School office experience preferred)
- Affluent in Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of Graphics Design
- Working knowledge of Google professional tools
- Demonstrates a respect for diversity of culture, religion, and different Christian traditions
- Give evidence of previous successful experience as an administrative assistant.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrate the ability to use technology for word processing, data management and telecommunications
- Previous travel and/or work experience in a school office is preferred.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their applications online via the link below:
Deadline: 29th Nov 2023
Are you struggling to put together a convincing application? Let us do that for you.
We will craft for you an eye-catching CV and cover letter in less than 24 hours to impress any employer.
Click on the link below to get started!