Early Years Teacher – Heritage International School
Job Position: Early Years Teacher
Organization: Heritage International School
Duty station: Kampala
- Implement the scope and sequence of curriculum for teaching and addressing the special needs of each child in order to ensure the effectiveness of the curriculum
- Use instructional strategies within the classroom that fully support the curriculum and mission of the school
- Take responsibility of the progress of each student
- Maintain curriculum guidelines by planning, preparing and presenting lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within your class
- Motive your students with enthusiastic, imaginative lessons
- Maintain discipline in the classroom and on the premises for a good learning environment
- Provide feedback to parents on your pupil’s progress at parent-teacher interviews and other meetings
- Working with others to plan and coordinate work – liaise and be flexible
- Stay up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the special needs curriculum
- Taking part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening
- Keep the Head of School informed of any curriculum changes/developments
- Cooperate with the administration in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the school.
- Integrate biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum and activities
- Maintain a clean, attractive, well-ordered classroom.
- Employ a variety of instructional aides, methods, and materials that will provide for creative teaching to reach the whole child: spiritual, mental, physical, social, and emotional
- Use homework effectively for drill, review, enrichment, or project work.
- Follow Matthew 18:15-20 principle in dealing with conflict with students, parents, staff, and administration
- Possess a minimum of an honors degree and full teaching certification from an internationally accredited university
- International experience
- Show evidence of recent professional growth
- Give evidence of previous successful teaching experience
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of child development, curriculum development and program evaluation, effective instructional strategies, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to learning
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their applications online via the link below:
Deadline: 29th Nov 2023
Are you struggling to put together a convincing application? Let us do that for you.
We will craft for you an eye-catching CV and cover letter in less than 24 hours to impress any employer.
Click on the link below to get started!