Internships In Uganda 2017 – 3 No Experience Undergraduate Student Intern at Plan International
Job Title: 3 Programmes /Sponsorship Student Intern (Internships In Uganda 2017)
Organization: Plan International
Duty Station: Kamuli
Internships In Uganda 2017: Plan International is an international non-profit and the largest child centered development organizations in the world. It was founded over 75 years ago and working in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan’s vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. Plan International is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
Internships In Uganda 2017: The Programmes/Sponsorship Student Interns will be attached to the programme department delivering on programme and child sponsorship tasks in the Kamuli office. They will be attached and report to the Community Development Facilitators.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Programmes / Sponsorship Student Interns will supports the mobilisation of the communities for any planned activity as they work together with project point person.
- The Intern will supports the project point person during the facilitation process in terms of trainings, meetings and community dialogues.
- Handle sponsorship tasks including review, tracking and submission of sponsorship communications to the sponsorship department for processing
- Works closely with community volunteers to handle both Child Sponsorship and Programme activities
- Actively participates in home visits while working together with respective CDF and the community volunteers to gain interaction skills in guidance and counseling.
- Provides weekly work plans and the internship report to the attached supervisor in the organisation and to the institutional supervisor.
- Actively promotes teamwork and good working environment within the work place and organisation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Student Interns should be studying a degree in Social Sciences / Development Studies/any related field in their second, third or fourth year of study.
- The Interns should be due for internship in the specified period.
- Good team player
- Ability to work under pressure and produce results within deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish credibility quickly
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills in English
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in MS Office tools
Duration: 3 months
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates for the Student Interns should submit the following:
- Application letter indicating course of study – preferably Social Sciences / Development Studies/any related field.
- Letter from respective University / Institution
- The objectives of the internship and the expected outcomes.
- Contact telephone numbers, names and contact details of three references.
Send them documents to:
The Ag. Country Human Resources Manager, Plan Uganda via Email to: email@example.com, indicating the job position in the subject line.
Deadline: 24th March, 2017
NB: Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.