Job Title: 1400 Enumerators/Field Interviewers (Field Jobs In Uganda)
Organization: Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Duty Station: All Sub-counties countrywide, Uganda
Field Jobs In Uganda: Uganda Coffee Development Authority was established as a public Authority, and its mandate is to promote and oversee the coffee industry by supporting research, promoting production, controlling coffee quality, and improving the marketing of coffee in order to optimize foreign exchange earnings for the country and payments to the farmers.
Field Jobs In Uganda: The Enumerators/Field Interviewer will support Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA) in the establishment of a National Coffee Farmers’ Register in line with the National Coffee Policy and National Coffee Strategy. The information obtained will enable the Authority to properly plan for coffee specific interventions and provision of related services. This will be done through the registration of all coffee farmers countrywide with effect from April 2017. The registration activity will be undertaken by Enumerators deployed at sub county level using a smart mobile phone device.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will visit coffee farmers at their farms in the areas assigned and conduct interviews.
- Collect data in the preloaded form on the mobile phone for every farmer visited.
- Ensure accuracy of the data collected by crosschecking errors at all stages of data input.
- Download all filled forms to the Server at the end of each day’s work.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the Enumerators/Field Interviewer must at least hold an A-level (Uganda Advanced Certificate Education) attained in the last 2 years,
- Ability to manage a Mobile Smart phone with the following specifications:
- Operating System: Minimum Android Version 3.0 (Honeycomb) and above,
- GPS: function without data connectivity,
- Battery longevity should be at least 8 hours a day without charge,
- Memory: 256MB RAM and above,
- Functional Camera,
- Functional Mobile data connection.
- Previous experience in computer use or other digital devices for data collection.
- Fluency in local language of the area.
- Familiarity with the geography of the area of enumeration.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their filled standard application forms, download here addressed to:
The Managing Director,
Uganda Coffee Development Authority,
P.o. Box 7267, Kampala – Uganda
Applications clearly stating the preferred sub county of enumeration accompanied with an LC 1 letter, and copies of academic certificates should be submitted to respective sub county offices OR the Production Departments offices of the respective District Local Governments. Please download full advert to view the districts, number of enumerators and Sub-Counties where the vacancies are open, Click Here
Deadline: 6th March 2017 by 5:00 p.m.