Vacancy title: Field Assistant – DINU – CRS Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Catholic Relief Services Uganda
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Profile:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-profit organization that implements the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
DINU Project Profile:
The Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Uganda, in partnership with CARE, are implementing the Inclusive Market-based Development for Smallholder Farmers in Northern Uganda Project. The goal of this 36 months program is designed to increase food security, improve maternal and child nutrition and enhance household income in the Karamoja Sub-region, and Katakwi District. The Specific Objective of the DINU program is to increase food security, improve maternal and child nutrition and enhance household incomes through support to diversified food production and commercial agriculture and through improved household resilience (notably to climate change) and women empowerment. The target population is expected to receive support to engage in diversified agricultural production and establish linkages to commercial input and output markets and financial services to engage in commercial agriculture allowing for improved food security and improvement of nutrition specifically amongst children, women, and adolescents. The project will also include specific and nutrition-sensitive interventions and support Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and family planning (FP) with a strong focus on gender equality and the empowerment of women and youth.
The Field Assistant (Supervisors) will assist project implementation by working directly with local partners and community members, coordinating various project activities and events in support of Catholic Relief Services (CRS) work, to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your service and community relation skills ensure that the local partners and communities feed into and benefit from the project that consistently applies best practices and continuously works towards improving its impact.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• You will lead the mobilization and training of community-based participants in the sector assigned and report through the project cycle – start-up, implementation, and close-out – in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
• Effectively engage and build the capacity of the community leads in each sector to support quality project implementation.
• Recruit and supervise community volunteers (SILC and Agriculture agents, Community Animal Health workers, PSPs; VHT members, MCGs, Lead Mothers, and facilitate the establishment of SILC groups, farmers and PSPs) across the project areas and keenly monitor progress and provide ongoing support through regular field visits.
• Participate in the project monitoring, learning and evaluation activities following MEAL guidelines
• Share information about climate changes and landscape management practices to enable the program to adapt during implementation.
• Compile data provided at the community level as per project requirements and contribute to the preparation of reports.
• Coordinate communication and facilitate information sharing among the partners and beneficiaries at the community level to assist in strengthening the community interest, involvement and support networks.
• Liaise with various community stakeholders and mobilize them to ensure full involvement of community leaders, community representatives, and local government representatives in the overall implementation and improvement of project activities.
• Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
• The ideal applicant for the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Field Assistant – DINU job must hold a Diploma in the field of Agriculture livelihoods or Nutrition. Degree in Agriculture or Nutrition related field would be an advantage.
• At least two to three years of work experience in project management, ideally in the field of Agriculture and value chain and for an NGO.
• Ability to communicate to communities and local leaders
• Experience in writing basic reports.
• Strong written and verbal communication/Written skills in English
• Strong written and spoken communication skills Karamojong.
• Observation, active listening and analysis skills with the ability to make sound judgment
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
• Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
How To Apply For CRS Uganda Jobs 2020 – Diploma Field Assistant:
All candidates should Email a cover letter and CV only to email@example.com
Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – FIELD ASSISTANT.
All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read.
Deadline of this Job: 10 April 2020