Job Title: Receptionist Volunteer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Council (IRC) Uganda
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reporting to the HR & Admin Manager, the Receptionist Volunteer is responsible for providing support for day-to-day administrative requirements, functions and general office management of the IRC Kampala office.
Roles And Responsibilities
Front Office Management
- Ensure that reception services are provided in such a fashion that visitors are provided with a warm welcome and that their needs are swiftly attended to
- Ensure that all incoming communications (telephone calls, letters, email etc.) are responded to professionally and reliably passed on to the appropriate person(s)
- Ensure that the mails are collected from the post office on a regular interval and ensure timely distribution of mail/messages
- Ensure all newspapers are received and tracked for effective accountability.
- Ensuring that the office environment is clean, well-organized and attractive and that break tea is provided to a high standard of quality and hygiene
- Ensure that Office equipment is switched off accordingly and the premises securely closed.
Utility Management (Electricity, Water, Garbage, Phone, Security, Internet etc)
- Maintain Petty cash register and ensure petty cash reconciliation.
- Ensure that all office utility bills, subscriptions and office rent are paid on time in liaison with the HR/Admin. Assistant
- Ensure that all subscriptions (email, internet) and other service contracts (photocopier and other machinery servicing contracts) are renewed in a timely manner in liaison with the Senior IT officer
- Under the supervision of the HR/Administration Manager, compile and submit MTN- CUG telephone numbers by the 20th of every monthly
- Prepare monthly utility reports and submit timely to the HR & Admin. Manager or designate
Events Management (Conference / Meetings) and Travels (in-Country) Management
- In liaison with the focal person on the personnel committee, coordinate monthly staff meetings and ensure efficient distribution of minutes, workshops, seminars and conferences for the country office
- Coordinate and arrange staff parties.
- Secretarial task- Ensure OADM forms/Templates are replenished and updated.
- H/She must also read and become knowledgeable of the IRC Admin and HR Policies and Procedures.
- Diploma/Higher education in Secretarial Studies, Business administration or any other related course.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- Proven skills in administration and Secretarial services.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills
- Good administrative skills
- Strong written and oral English communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams (cultural sensitivity).
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020 – Diploma Receptionist Volunteer:
Application letters, complete with Curriculum Vitae, and copies of academic and professional certificates should apply online by clicking on the “Apply Now” button below.
- This position is open only to Ugandan nationals.
- The deadline for receiving applications is 10th April 2020.