Job Title: 22 Research Assistants – Makerere University Jobs
Reports to: The Study Principal Investigator (PI)
Duration: 3 months.
Organization: Makerere University.
Duty Stations: Kabale(2), Kasese (2), Kabarole (2), Wakiso (2), Soroti (2), Iganga (2), Gulu (2), Arua (2), Kampala (2), Bududha (2), Kotido (2).
Research Topic: Sociocultural, Gender and Human Rights Issues that Deter Family Planning and How Government, Religious Leaders, Cultural Leaders and other stakeholders can work together to promote its use among sexually active individuals.
Makerere University College of Health Sciences (MakSPH) Profile:
Makerere University College of Health Sciences, School of Public Health (MakSPH) with support from the World Bank is coordinating the implementation of studies for the Operations Research Program on Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) in Uganda for a period of one (1) year. RMNCAH seeks to recruit Research Assistants (RAs) to support data collection for different Operations research studies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• The research assistants will participate in a three days training to orient them on the study objectives, methods, and tools for data collection
• Take part in the pre-test of data collection tools
• Review of the data collection tools after pre-test
• Conduct FGDs, In-depth interview, Key Informant interviews and extract secondary data
• Transcribe the FGDs and interviews
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal FGD Moderation and note-taking skills
• Ability to document and produce concise, informative and appropriate written documentation
• Ability to transcribe qualitative interviews
• At least a Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences
• Fluent in the local languages spoken in the districts where they will work
• More than two years’ experience in conducting qualitative data
• They should be familiar with Reproductive, Maternal, New Born, Child, and Adolescent Health research
How To Apply for Makerere University Jobs – 22 Research Assistants:
Interested persons should send their application, updated CV stating two referees and their contacts to: email@example.com
Applications should be addressed to the Dean, Makerere University School of Public Health
Please quote the Study Reference number in your application (on the envelope for hand delivered applications and in the subject for email applications).
Applications without the Study Reference Number will not be considered.
Deadline: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 – 5.00pm
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.