Job Title: Administrative Assistant – IDI Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Vacancy Code: AA X003
Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) Uganda Profile:
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
In order to contribute to the achievement of the above objectives, IDI wishes to recruit a motivated and competent individual to fill the vacancy below on a full-time basis
Roles and Responsibilities:
• The project administrator will assist in duties related to the TB REACH funded project.
• Assists coordinators with the implementation of project-planning and problem-solving
• Assist the coordinators in developing work plans for the project
• Assist the coordinators to coordinate any project related training
• Assist the coordinators to organise and coordinate meetings with stakeholders and partners both in-country and internationally
• Write minutes for meetings
• Ensure timely submission of reports
• Coordinate reimbursements and payments for the project in-line with financial guidelines
• Assist the coordinator’s laisse with procurement to ensure timely requisition of supplies for the project
• Prepare quarterly reports as per the funder’s guidelines
• Any other duties assigned by the coordinators or principal investigator. • Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
• Should be fluent in oral and written English.
• Should be a highly motivated person and should be able to work under a high workload;
• Competent in the use of standard office software;
• Ability to work in a team but also work independently.
• Ability to speak the local language
• Flexibility to work long hours, which may occasionally extend beyond normal working hours in order to complete critical tasks.
• Degree in health administration, health service management, , project management, public health or any related course :
• Previous experience in TB or TB/HIV related project management is desirable :
• Previous experience in TB or TB/HIV related project management :
• Proven knowledge in report writing and good written communication skills :
• Knowledge in project management and administration
How To Apply For IDI Uganda Jobs 2020
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to email@example.com
Applications should be addressed to:
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
1. IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
2. For this particular recruitment, preference will be given to internal interested candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year.
3. Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one PDF document
4. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email
1. Makerere University
5. Please note that if you DO NOT indicate the vacancy code as instructed above, your application will not be considered
6. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
7. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 20th September 2020