Job Title: Project Assistant (MEAL) – CRS Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Kampala
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Uganda Profile:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. CRS’ Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations; serving people on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs.
The Vines Project, implemented by CRS Uganda, is a five-year, $13 million Food for Progress project that will make Uganda the world’s next leading supplier of high-quality vanilla. Vines will leverage the expertise of CRS and its partners to enhance the production of safe, pure vanilla and develop sustainable market links with US vanilla companies, directly transforming the lives of 16,200 farmers, 836 supply chain actors and create 15,820 new jobs to reach 32,856 vanilla stakeholders. The Vines strategy reflects best practices in sustainable development and will leave Uganda with a robust vanilla farming community resilient to the boom/bust nature of the market and a cadre of private sector agricultural extensionists to support more sophisticated production, processing, and marketing needs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Support the development and contribute to the implementation of Vines project MEAL practices that effectively engage partners, donors, and other relevant stakeholders and are compliant with agency and donor MEAL requirements;
• Provide input to and support project MEAL system design and data collection tools to measure program/project impact and progress;
• Train partners and MEAL Agents on the conduct of field-based MEAL activities and supervise and support quality data collection and data management activities according to the MEAL DIP;
• Lead simple analyses and reflective review discussions and workshops on ongoing monitoring data to contribute field-based insights to project discussions, facilitate programmatic adjustments and evidence-based decision-making, and contribute to learning;
• Foster respectful relationships with community members and stakeholders to promote honesty and integrity while working with MEAL Agents;
• Bachelor’s degree in development studies, population studies, social sciences, statistics, or a related field.
• Minimum of three years of relevant work experience in MEAL, ideally with an international NGO.
• Knowledge of technical principles and concepts in MEAL and of methods for managing data. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
• Good understanding of beneficiary tracking methods.
• Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, data management systems, knowledge-sharing networks.
How To Apply For CRS Uganda Jobs 2020
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply by emailing a cover letter and CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste –PROJECTASSISTANTMEAL only
• All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES THAT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED.
Deadline: 25th September 2020