Job Title: Administrative Officer – CRS Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Catholic Relief Services
Duty Station: Kampala
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Uganda Profile:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. CRS’ Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations; serving people on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs.
The Vines Project, implemented by CRS Uganda, is a five-year, $13 million Food for Progress project that will make Uganda the world’s next leading supplier of high-quality vanilla. Vines will leverage the expertise of CRS and its partners to enhance the production of safe, pure vanilla and develop sustainable market links with US vanilla companies, directly transforming the lives of 16,200 farmers, 836 supply chain actors and create 15,820 new jobs to reach 32,856 vanilla stakeholders. The Vines strategy reflects best practices in sustainable development and will leave Uganda with a robust vanilla farming community resilient to the boom/bust nature of the market and a cadre of private sector agricultural extensionists to support more sophisticated production, processing, and marketing needs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and report on activities and required resources to ensure cost efficient and quality service delivery from administrative support functions.
- Prepare transactional documents in support of general operations processes and support coordination of transaction processing (e.g. payment requests, travel authorizations, travel advances, visas, etc.).
- Compile data perform data entry and data verification in relation to general administration processes (e.g. various contact lists, employee leave balances, staff attendance reports, Vehicle Log Sheets review, visitors’ welcome packages, etc.).
- Help ensure administrative systems, processes, and policies are in line with agency standards and donor and local law regulations.
- Coordinate the efficient use of CP assets and rented facilities. Help ensure fully compliant procurement of office materials and asset management systems.
- Support implementation of property management processes, such as property receipt and distribution, property labeling, physical counts, etc.
- Coordinate the provision of travel and logistics support and services to staff and visitors. Coordinate event planning activities, including delegation visits, trainings and workshops.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or relevant field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in administrative support functions, with increasing responsibility.
- Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience and proficient skills in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems.
How To Apply For CRS Uganda Jobs 2020
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply by emailing a cover letter and CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – ADMINISTRATIVEOFFICER only
• All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES THAT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED.
Deadline: October 2nd, 2020 at 5:00pm