Job Title: Programme Assistant – FAO Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: FAO Uganda
Duty Station: Moroto
FAO Uganda Profile:
FAO Uganda is engaged in support to Desert Locust-affected districts in Eastern and Northern Uganda, where farming and agro-pastoral households have been affected and are threatened by arriving Desert Locusts swarms from Western Kenya since February 2020. T he Programme Assistant will facilitate the day-to-day field-level implementation of FAO’s livelihoods programmes in the nine districts of Karamoja sub-region, overseeing the work of FAO’s service provider, in collaboration with FAO’s Programme Officer/Field Coordinator (Head of sub-office) based in Moroto and under the overall guidance of the Food Security and Livelihoods Coordinator.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Programme Officer/Field Coordinator in the implementation of field activities in Desert Locust affected and threatened communities that cut across humanitarian and development assistance, which may include but are not limited to: community mobilization, beneficiary registration, training of beneficiaries, input distribution and participate in monitoring and verification exercises to validate service delivery progress and completion;
- Support FAO-led preparation, finalization and implementation of activity work plans, monitoring and other implementation tasks, ensuring that the necessary synergy is built with other ongoing initiatives in the districts;
- Liaise with the Service Provider and District extension agents, in coordination with the FAO project team, to prepare the appropriate training content and any other necessary backstopping requirements and ensuring that beneficiaries are trained and are able to apply the recommended agronomic, soil and water conservation management practices.
- Provide efficient communication with suppliers and service providers on receipt, storage and distribution of FAO inputs and assets at the field-level under the coordination of the Programme Officer/Field Coordinator;
- Monitor day-to-day implementation by FAO service providers in Karamoja sub-region in Eastern Uganda, including suppliers and implementing partners, with the provision of continuous feedback on Service Providers’ performance to the Programme Officer/Field Coordinator;
- Provide routine updates to FAO’s Programme Officer/Field Coordinator on implementation progress, ensuring that all activities on the ground are technically sound and meet expectations of government, donors and the communities served;
- Document and share with the Programme Officer/Field Coordinator lessons-learned and provide evidence-based recommendations to address emerging issues and build on best practices to ensure effective and timely delivery;
- In the absence of Programme Officer/Field Coordinator, participate in the relevant project-related meetings and missions to ensure the visibility of FAO in all essential activities while preserving the corporate image of FAO;
- Produce a comprehensive activity report of the assignment based on above outlined tasks and responsibilities;
- Undertake any other activities as requested.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in agriculture, rural development, programme management or related fields.
- Three years programme/project experience in programme implementation.
- Working knowledge of English.
- National of Uganda
- Working knowledge of Ng’karimojong.
- Experience in agricultural livelihoods programming in humanitarian and development context, preferably in a humanitarian response.
- Experience in community mobilization and awareness raising.
- Experience in partnership building in providing support to local government and civil society structures.
- Experience with activity and routine performance reporting.
How To Apply For FAO Uganda Jobs 2020
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs and Application online via the link below:
Deadline: 09/Oct/2020, 11:59:00 PM