Job Title: Fresher Marketing & Social Media Officer – Latitude Trade Jobs Uganda
Organization: Latitude Trade Company
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Term: 2 Years – renewable
Latitude Trade Company Profile:
Latitude Trade Company (LTC) is a rapidly growing social enterprise in Uganda sourcing speciality
cacao for export and producing bean to bar chocolate at the origin. Working with over 1,000 certified
organic smallholder farmers, our mission is to sustainably increase incomes and reduce the risk for our
suppliers while positively impacting the community and environment surrounding our operations.
We aim to provide chocolate makers and consumers in East Africa and around the world with the
highest quality, transparently sourced and fully traceable Ugandan cocoa products.
The Marketing & Social Media Officer is a full-time, in-country position implementing marketing, advertising, and social media strategies to lead the expansion of distribution for Latitude Chocolate.
Roles and responsibilities:
The core responsibilities include:
- Develop and create social media marketing content and advertisements
- Monitor social media accounts and manage customer engagement on Instagram and Facebook
- Contribute to customer acquisition and customer care strategy
- Coordinate advertising and promotion activities (markets, events, partnerships, influencer collaborations, tastings, etc.)
- Contribute to the development of marketing, branding, and packaging and distribution strategies
- Organize and execute events and factory tours and tastings
- Participate in product development and ongoing market research
In addition to these responsibilities, all employees are encouraged to propose programs, strategies, or experiments which they feel offer a promising avenue for improvements to the company or livelihoods of the farmers.
- Impeccable organization and communication skills
- Graphic design experience and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and other creative software
- Fluent spoken and written English, fluency in Luganda desired
- Outgoing personality with an interest in quality products made in Africa
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree from a reputable university in a related field
- Prior experience in sales and distribution of food products
- Experience in marketing, promotion and social media
- Knowledge of or previous experience in hospitality, FCMG, and/or speciality food product distribution
- Ability and willingness to learn on the job
- Positive attitude and sense of humour
Benefits & Compensation:
- Competitive monthly salary
- Communications allowance
- 21 days of annual leave plus public holidays
- Coverage of all work-related travel
How To Apply for Latitude Trade Jobs Uganda
Interested candidates, please submit a CV, cover letter, and references to email@example.com
Please note, this position is open to East African citizens only.
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.