Job Title: Fresher Assistant Accountant – UWESO Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO)
Duty Station: Masulita Children Village (MCV) (Masulita) in Wakiso
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO) Profile:
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO) is a national non-government organization (NGO) which was founded in 1986 by Ugandan mothers committed to providing relief aid to needy children left parentless by the civil turbulence of the mid-1980’s and the HIV/AIDS pandemic.
Supports the Accountant in completing basic bookkeeping, clerical and accounting tasks for a company.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To ensure timely requisition of funds from head office and make payments at the Home.
- Ensuring that requisition forms for payments are filled out
- Manage petty cash and follow up accountabilities
- Preparing receipts and payment reports
- Monitoring fuel usage
- To ensure safety and regular repair and maintenance of the assets of UWESO at the Home.
- Maintaining a record of all assets in the Home.
- Stores management.
- Coordinating the repair and maintenance process
- To prepare timely financial management reports of the Home.
- Acting as agent for MCV bank accounts, collecting bank statements and preparing monthly bank reconciliations for the home’s accounts
- Ensuring books of accounts are well updated for submission to head office
- Ensuring all financial documents are filed
- Receive cash of MCV Sales
- The candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Finance and Accounting option), or Business Administration (Finance and Accounting option) or equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ working experience in similar post in a reputable organization
- Ability to use computer packages (Dynamics Business Central) for financial reporting.
- Should be a team player and effective communicator.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision.
- High degree of personal integrity.
How To Apply for UWESO Jobs 2021
Qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with copies of academic transcripts, detailed CVs, contact addresses of three professional referees to:
Human Resource Officer,
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans,
Plot 2 Tagore Crescent, Kamwokya,
P.O. Box 8419, Kampala. Tell: 0392 777 448
Indicate Salary history and salary expectation.
Or Email to: email@example.com . (All email applications should be in a single PDF file of maximum size – 5MB). We shall respond to shortlisted candidates. All invitations for interviews will be done formally.
Closing Date: 20th May 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.