Job Title: Fresher Accounts Payable Officer – ENGIE Energy Access Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: ENGIE Energy Access Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
Reports to: Accounting Team Lead
ENGIE Energy Access Uganda Profile:
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Accounts Payable Officer will be an integral part of the EEA UG Finance Team, collaborating with the Finance Manager, Accountant and Bookkeeper to provide timely and accurate financial information by managing invoices, disbursements and cash as well as adhering to processes/systems and controls to ensure best practices. The role will be an important aspect of helping Management monitor and assess operational expenses and distribute resources accordingly.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review invoices and other information presented to the finance department for payment processing for accuracy and completeness prior to payment.
- Post invoices, mobile money transactions in the system timely.
- Reconcile vendor statements, and the AP ledger researching and correcting discrepancies.
- Assist in preparation and filing of statutory returns of WHT, VAT.
- Support Accountant to maintaining internal controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Match invoices to payments, obtain all appropriate signatures for payments and distribute payments accordingly and distribute payments accordingly.
- Ensure proper documentation and filing of all finance information
- Support month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close as well as regular reconciliation of G/L accounts in the finance system.
- Support in updating the cashflow tracker with cash and bank balances
- Provide supporting documentation for audits and any other assistance
- The ideal candidate must hold a University degree preferably in Finance or Accounting
- Possession or studying towards a professional accounting qualification g.,ACCA, CPA, is a distinct advantage.
- Strong work ethics and integrity
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature
- Critical thinking skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Flexibility with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Previous experience with accounting software tools e.g, SAP, Navision, Excel.
- Language(s): English
How To Apply for ENGIE Energy Access Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.