Job Title: Senior Tax Analyst – Diageo Uganda Jobs 2021
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, J&B, Windsor, Buchanan’s and Bushmills whiskies, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Roles and responsibilities
The Senior Tax Analyst will support the Tax Manager in:
- Ensuring tax compliance with respect to all tax types i.e. Corporation tax, value added tax, Excise duty compliance
- Ensure compliance with tax payment obligations
- Ensure entities have valid tax compliance certification
- Ensure compliance with Uganda Transfer Pricing Requirements and documentation
- GL reconciliations related to the tax compliance and payments
- Supporting the compliance with the EFRIS
- Work with local tax advisors to ensure the business acquires value for money
- Ensure compliance with relevant Diageo controls
- URA tax audits processes
- Tax governance supporting handling the tax risks
- Supporting Diageo tax reporting in Uganda
- Support tax compliance and customs and excise teams
Purpose of the role:
- To support the tax manager in running the tax compliance of the Uganda business, ensuring compliance with local legislation and EFRIS
- To work with Uganda Tax Manager to deliver robust tax risk management and mitigation plans including supporting with URA audits
- To work closely with the wider Uganda business in implementing solution to various tax compliance issues
- Tax Compliance – Collaborate to provide high quality, accurate, timely computation, payment and accounting for various taxes and application agreed global standard processes/governance framework.
- Finance Business partnership – Develop and maintain a strong working relationship and keeping up to date with business priorities and developments, act as a trusted business advisor in order to challenge and support the markets in improving overall tax management. Advise, guide and educate market collaborators on key tax issues to enable the business to adopt and enforce to relevant tax policies and standards, and mitigate tax risk.
- Value Creation – Support implementation of opportunities for standardization and simplification.
- Governance & Change – Support delivery of internal or external changes. Provide tax support to market-initiated projects e.g., innovation to ensure tax strategies and policies are adhered to and opportunities to deliver tax efficiencies are identified and fully evaluated. Keep up to date with tax law changes and standard; together with the Uganda Tax Manager, identify tax risks and opportunities and recommend actions. Active engagement in the management and monitoring of market tax risks
Qualifications for Diageo Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal applicant must hold a first class degree in Social sciences and business-related studies
- Certified Public Accountant of Uganda or ACCA Equivalent or tax certification
- At least two years post qualification experience within a tax function in a multinational (preferred) or a tax advisory firm
- Experience in taxation within Uganda
- Good judgment regarding acceptable levels of tax risk
- Broad understanding of key domestic tax issues.
- Effective project management and collaborator leadership skills
- Good team working and communication skills across diverse cultures
- Proactive judgment and escalations as required
- Able to proactively handle risk
- Able to embed compliance and ethics
How To Apply for Diageo Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.