Mastercard Foundation Uganda Jobs 2022 – Program Partner (Education & Skills)
Job Title: Program Partner (Education & Skills) – Mastercard Foundation Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Mastercard Foundation
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Mastercard Foundation Profile:
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators, young people, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
UNDERSTANDING CANADA PROGRAMS AT THE FOUNDATION
The Foundation has begun working within Canada in partnership with Indigenous communities and post-secondary institutions to listen, learn, and best understand how we can act in meaningful ways. The EleV strategy was co-created with Indigenous communities, young people, and partners to enable 30,000 Indigenous youth to complete their education and transition to dignified work aligned with their values and aspirations.
As reflected in Canada’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action, education is a key driver of improved socio-economic well-being. Through building partnerships with Indigenous communities, we look to expand our initiative ultimately helping to support a generation of transformative Indigenous young leaders who will be change agents within their communities. We believe that by setting a bold target, we will encourage engagement across sectors and create momentum that will elevate the strengths and opportunities of Indigenous youth. In keeping with our approach, Indigenous communities and young people will be the drivers of this transformation. The program will promote innovations to address longer-term systemic change to achieve economic prosperity and social well-being within Indigenous communities.
The EleV team oversees current and emerging partnerships related to Indigenous education. Consistent with our overall vision and Youth Africa Works strategy, we will share learnings and opportunities to connect across the work of the Foundation. While operating in distinct contexts, the centrality of youth voice and vision, affirmation of culture and identity, and priority to enhance community capacity for self-determination are common threads upon which our work is strengthened and reinforced.
If you are an experienced Education & Skills professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Lead Education and Skills, the Program Partner Education and Skills will be responsible for engaging partners for successful program design and implementation. He/She will support the development of the Country Strategy and work with partner organizations to develop and co-create new education and skills programs in alignment with the Foundation’s Young Africa Works strategy for the Country. The role manages a portfolio of Education & Skills programs and partnerships to ensure achievement of country strategy.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide support and contribute to the ongoing definition and development of the Country Strategy and expansion.
- Collaborate with Program Leads / Partners to review proposals, develop strategic outcomes and program roadmaps.
- Engage partners to collect feedback on country roadmap and strategy.
- Contribute to evolution in thinking and new approaches needed to get to scale.
- Provide support to partners to ensure successful implementation of programs, and that the intended impact is achieved.
- Provide support and/or manage current and future programs as appropriate, including reviewing periodic narrative and financial reporting and data collection, facilitating partner coordination, undertaking partner site visits, and distilling program learning for the country teams as well as wider Foundation staff.
- Track program progress and collaborate with colleagues in Impact and Design and Learning to collect and validate data and learnings.
- Provide support in identifying and engaging with potential implementing partners for country-based Secondary Education/TVET/HEI programming and support the development of program proposals. This includes conducting due diligence of potential partners and contributing to project design and proposal development.
- Raise programmatic issues to Country Program Lead / Program Lead and Country Head as they arise and leverage Foundation resources to resolve.
- Identify issues and trends that affect the quality of secondary education TVET, and HEIs as part of the Foundation’s Country Strategy and program development processes.
- Provide support in the adaptation of the Foundation’s existing Leaders in Teaching programming and learning related to secondary education to the country context, leveraging country diagnostics and learning from our portfolio of partners.
- Provide support to the design and delivery of appropriate mechanisms to monitor effectiveness and impact of education and skills development interventions.
- Build and manage relationships with implementing partners in conjunction with Country Program Lead / Program Leads.
- Build and maintain relationships with government representatives and other key stakeholders at the country-level.
- Participate in Secondary Education/TVET/HEI stakeholder coordination working groups, task forces and other meetings where relevant.
- Provide support in identifying skill and workforce development gaps, issues and trends that affect education and economic development during the Foundation’s country strategy program development and implementation processes.
- Graduate degree in education, social work, economics, or a youth development-related field.
- Education, skills or workforce development program development and execution.
- Knowledge of, and experience designing and implementing, best practices in secondary education, TVET and HEIs.
- Command of quantitative and qualitative education and labor market analysis techniques.
- Familiarity with the key organizations, development partners, donors, international organizations, and other actors relevant to education and TVET in Africa is required.
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills with the ability to manage a portfolio of commitments.
- Strong ability to communicate progress and learning from projects to colleagues and the wider development community.
- Excellent project management skills, including multi-stakeholder projects.
- Excellent presentation and listening skills, a strong collaborator with a proven ability to co-design solutions with partners and colleagues.
- Knowledge of skills and workforce development aligned with one or more growth sectors (e.g., Agri- food systems, entrepreneurship, manufacturing, construction, creative industries, digital economy) would be an asset.
- Solid experience and knowledge in skills development issues surrounding vulnerable groups (rural young women, refugee or displaced youth, youth with disabilities etc.).
- Proactive, engaged and a self-starter.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures. Bilingual French is highly desired.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
How To Apply for Mastercard Foundation Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 17th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
Search Jobs Here
Most Popular Jobs
- Banking Officers – Equity Bank
- UBOS Internship 2024
- Administrative Officer – UCA Uganda Jobs
- IT & Logistics Graduate Trainee – Mercy Corps
- Information Technology Intern – Uganda Airlines
- Marketing Assistant – Ultimate Gas Professionals
- Administrative Assistant – Heritage International School
- Accounts Payable Officer – Hariss International Riham
- Administration Assistant – Baylor College of Medicine
- Regional Communications Volunteer – IRC Uganda Jobs
Categories: Jobs In Uganda
- Accounting Jobs In Uganda (513)
- Administration & Secretarial Jobs In Uganda (1,308)
- Agricultural Jobs In Uganda (156)
- Auditing Jobs In Uganda (108)
- Aviation Jobs In Uganda (52)
- Banking Jobs In Uganda (403)
- Beauty and Saloon Jobs In Uganda (2)
- Building and Construction Jobs In Uganda (2)
- Business & Development Jobs In Uganda (300)
- Call Centre Jobs In Uganda (35)
- Career Advice (13)
- Catering Jobs In Uganda (26)
- Communications Jobs In Uganda (104)
- Counselling Jobs In Uganda (46)
- Customer Care Jobs In Uganda (119)
- Data Collection Entry and Analysis Jobs In Uganda (378)
- Debt Collection Jobs In Uganda (23)
- Driving Jobs In Uganda (179)
- Economist Jobs in Uganda (6)
- Education Teaching and Lecturing Jobs In Uganda (142)
- Embassy Jobs In Uganda (68)
- Engineering Jobs In Uganda (379)
- Entrepreneurship (2)
- Environment Jobs in Uganda (72)
- Fashion Design Jobs (3)
- Fast Food & Restaurant Jobs (9)
- Field Jobs in Uganda (327)
- Finance Jobs (703)
- Food Science and Nutrition Jobs in Uganda (94)
- Freelancing Jobs (2)
- Front Desk Jobs in Uganda (85)
- Geoscience Jobs in Uganda (5)
- Graduate Trainee Jobs in Uganda (422)
- Graphics & Design Jobs (10)
- Guidance & Counseling Jobs (17)
- Health & Safety Jobs in Uganda (65)
- Hospitality & Tourism Jobs in Uganda (44)
- Hotel Jobs (19)
- Human Resource Jobs in Uganda (226)
- Human Rights Jobs (28)
- ICT and Computer Jobs (499)
- Insurance Jobs in Uganda (86)
- Internal Audit Jobs in Uganda (31)
- Internships & Trainings in Uganda (566)
- Laboratory Jobs in Uganda (118)
- Land Surveying Jobs (2)
- Legal Jobs (122)
- Manufacturing Jobs (40)
- Marketing Jobs (146)
- Media and Mass Communications Jobs (70)
- Medical & Health Jobs In Uganda (467)
- Micro finance Jobs in Uganda (132)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs in Uganda (254)
- NGO Jobs in Uganda (2,618)
- No Experience Jobs in Uganda (634)
- Nursing Jobs in Uganda (27)
- Oil and Gas Jobs (12)
- Part Time Jobs in Uganda (41)
- Pharmacy Jobs in Uganda (22)
- Procurement & Supply Chain Jobs in Uganda (219)
- Projects Management Jobs in Uganda (316)
- Public Relations Jobs in Uganda (13)
- Quality Assurance (6)
- Real Estate Jobs in Uganda (5)
- Receptionist Jobs in Uganda (65)
- Records Library and Document Control Jobs (93)
- Research Jobs In Uganda (136)
- Sales and Marketing Jobs in Uganda (329)
- Scholarships for Ugandans (10)
- Security Jobs in Uganda (1)
- Social Work Jobs in Uganda (270)
- Sports Jobs (1)
- Statistics Job in Uganda (78)
- Stores Management Jobs in Uganda (107)
- Supervisor Jobs (3)
- Taxation Jobs in Uganda (16)
- Telecom Jobs in Uganda (29)
- Translator Jobs (3)
- Transport and Logistics Jobs in Uganda (153)
- Typing jobs (2)
- Uganda Government jobs (300)
- UN jobs in Uganda (415)
- Uncategorized (324)
- Veterinary Jobs in Uganda (4)
- Volunteer jobs in Uganda (90)