Heritage International School Jobs 2022 – Fresher Groundskeeper / Yard Maintenance
Job Title: Groundskeeper / Yard Maintenance – Heritage International School Jobs 2022
Organization: Heritage International School
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Campus Development
Heritage International School Profile:
Heritage International School is an all-age Christian international school located in the suburbs of Kampala, Uganda. It opened in 1994 to support children of ex-pat missionaries but has since expanded to welcome those of all faiths and none, whilst still remaining true to its core Christian values. We have over 40 nationalities represented and are currently moving towards our full capacity of 550 students.
- Reporting to the Human Resources, the School Administrative Assistant oversees the administrative services including coordinating office procedures and records management. The position operates in an environment of high volumes of work with constant interruptions and changing priorities.
- To assist in carrying out their administrative tasks with excellence in order to best aid in the goal of facilitating positive growth in the students of Heritage International School to ensure the development of their God-given gifts for Christ-like service in the world community.
- To provide general administrative support to the School under the instruction of Senior Staff and to assist in the efficient running of the School Office.
Roles and responsibilities:
Modeling and Leadership
- Model a personal commitment to Christ and Bible-based Christian living
- Maintain personal devotional and prayer life
- Member of a Christian Church, either locally or abroad
- Seek to inspire others to Christian commitment, faith, and living
- Contribute toward and maintains a positive Christian spiritual environment
- Demonstrate a serving attitude toward fellow staff and students / parents
- Seek to have a positive and congenial manner
- Consistently maintain ethical and moral personal and professional standards
- Resourcefulness, enthusiasm, patience, resilience and a sense of humour
- A love of gardening and the outdoors
- Ability to operate various types of power equipment including lawnmowers, trimmers, hedge trimmers, leaf blowers, and other landscaping equipment.
- Ability to use hand tools required for landscaping.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete assignments.
- Extensive knowledge of landscaping techniques and processes.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Daily lawn care to include watering, raking, and mowing
- Picks up and removes trash prior to mowing a designated area.
- Removes garbage and other debris from outdoor areas.
- Installs and maintains water fountains, fences, gates, retaining walls, rock gardens, outdoor lighting, and other design features.
- Digs trenches and levels ground.
- Keeps outdoor furniture clean and in good repair.
- Applies mulch, fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides.
- Maintains green spaces by weeding, trimming, and pruning.
- Removes unwanted or unhealthy plants, shrubs, and trees, as well as downed limbs.
- Prepares soil and plants flowers, bushes, hedges, or shrubs.
- Declutters flowerbeds in front of classes and offices.
- Plants trees and prunes them when necessary.
- Inspects plants for insects and applies fertilizer, pesticides, and herbicides as directed.
- Performs routine maintenance on power equipment.
- Plans for the next years rains and trims plants accordingly
- Help to develop a healthy Nursery
- Potting and planting as necessary
- Maintains off campus residence gardens
- Assists with Operations during School events
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Previous gardening experience necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- On-the-job training offered.
- Prolonged periods walking, standing, bending, stretching, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, or kneeling.
- Must be physically able to operate power equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions.
How To Apply for Heritage International School Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.