DRC Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Protection Assistant (Community-Based Services)
Job Title: Protection Assistant (Community-Based Services) – DRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Danish Refugee Council Uganda (DRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Team Leader Protection
Danish Refugee Council Uganda Profile:
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
The Protection Assistant – Community Based’s primary function is to ensure quality protection outcomes by catalyzing community actions around the PSNs, providing direct support to PSNs, and drawing from synergy with the larger community protection components.
Roles and responsibilities:
Project development, implementation and reporting
- Under the supervision of the Protection Team Leader, contributes in drafting concept papers and proposal development for Community Based interventions.
- Identify gaps in terms of protection and community services and generate ideas to address them with strong impact for the beneficiaries.
- Participate in PSN profiling and ongoing risks analysis in order to design adequate responses.
- Ensure quality data collection, analysis and storage in line with the Protection Information Management principles.
- Ensure daily implementation of community-based sub sector activities as planned
- Ensure a daily monitoring of protection trends in his area of assignment
- Make sure that all Community-Based Protection projects adhere to the standards and or principles of the respective thematic areas as well as DRC guidelines and accountability standards.
- Contribute in preparation of monthly and weekly activity and spending plans in close collaboration with Protection Officer Community Based.
- Proactively contribute to quality and timely implementation of community-based sub sector activities as planned
- Contribute in drafting weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and other reports.
- Spontaneously draft and share flash reports on major protection incidents and risks in the area of responsibility
Coordination and representation
- Build relationships with a range of key stakeholders, Local Government and other stakeholders on the community bases thematic areas at the field level in close liaison with the Protection Officer – Community Based.
- Representation of DRC and active participation in the local Community Based Community Based working groups and any other meeting as requested.
- Close co-ordination in project implementation with partners (UN agencies and national/international NGOs), including referrals, community services gap analysis, advocacy.
- Work closely with the other program components to maximize program output and impact.
Staff development and management
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership for the community-based structures within the operational area.
- Conduct daily field visits to support Community Development Workers – mentoring – through technical back stopping and to train duty bearers.
- Uphold DRC’s code of conduct and principles on accountability.
Support management team to:
- Follow up all DRC Procedures for Security, Finance, Logistics, HR and Administration.
- Uphold DRC’s international code of conduct and principles of accountability.
- Any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Actively contribute to the daily quality implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects and interventions.
- Identify, document and disseminate relevant project success, challenges and follow up on implementation of project’s action points
- Assist in participatory needs/vulnerability and capacity assessments of affected communities
- Participate in project evaluations and assist in the analysis of results in close collaboration with MEAL.
- On request perform any other additional duties assigned by the supervisors in order to allow the organization to function optimally.
- Adhere to DRC’s code of conduct
- The applicant must hold a University degree in social sciences, guidance and counselling, Community Development or relevant fields.
- Diploma in relevant field
- At least two years of experience working with vulnerable communities, basic needs and protection programming experience, and/or advocacy programs.
- Training in Protection Community Based Protection.
- Experience in protection interventions in line with Refugees operation and other populations affected by displacement.
- Experience of working with UN or Non‐Governmental organizations.
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken) is essential.
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness
- Computer skills.
- Good self-organization and basic management skills.
- Familiarity with Monitoring & Evaluation for UN-funded projects desired.
- Ability to ride motorcycle and having a valid riding permit is a MUST and please have it reflected on your cover letter.
- Languages: Knowledge of the local languages spoken by refugees and host community is an asset.
How To Apply for DRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 18th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise