Procurement Assistant – Lutheran World Federation
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Organization: Lutheran World Federation
Location: Kamwenge Sub Program
- Undertakes procurement activities and ensures timely delivery, in line with the LWF Procurement Manual, and Procurement Procedures;
- Prepares all necessary documentation for procurement of goods and services in accordance with the Procurement Manual;
- Prepares and reviews the purchase orders (LPOs) and contracts, preparation of recurrent purchase orders for contracting of services;
- Establish supplier database that will promote rapid response. Prepare and update vendors’ profiles;
- Ensure proper filling of all procurement documents in accordance with LWF procurement guidelines;
- In consultation with suppliers/vendors, he/she coordinates the delivery processes to ensure that the distribution plan is adhered to;
- Compiling of the required information for any proposed purchase. These include preparation and dispatch of requests for quotations/proposals, LPOs, contracts, and any other document required;
- Draft correspondences related to procurement including letters to suppliers and follow up with them to ensure timely and safe delivery of goods and services;
- To assist in soliciting quotations from different suppliers as identified by the procurement committee and ensure that timely payments are made to suppliers;
- Ensures that cash advances for procurement are accounted for in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Makes appropriate and timely arrangements for delivery of project materials in conjunction with the Stores Department;
- Prepares monthly procurement status reports of supply requisitions and purchase orders completed, in-process and pending;
- Maintains files of correspondence, reports and supporting documentation relating to procurement as evidence of compliance with the procurement procedures;
- Keep track of all project/programme budgets and ensure that project/programme activities are within assigned budgets;
- Compile Invoices/documents for submission to the finance department for payment
- Liaises with the Finance to ensure correct coding of supply requisitions;
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Supervisor
- University degree in Procurement and Logistics, Bachelor of Business Administration, or any other related degree
- At least 2 years of professional experience in Procurement with a reputable organization
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good Computer skills in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a tight deadline driven environment.
- Ability to negotiate with vendors in a transparent manner
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their applications online via the link below.
Deadline: August 16 2023 at 5:00pm.