Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs in Uganda 2017 – Fresh Graduate Intern at Plan International
Organization: Plan International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: MER Manager
Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs in Uganda 2017: Founded 75 years ago, Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organizations (non-profit / INGOs) in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan’s vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs in Uganda 2017: The Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Graduate Intern will work closely with the MER team in actualising the processes for establishing a functional national web-based database in the organisation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the database ToR is adhered to by consultants constructing the database
- Carry out data quality checks are embedded in the database.
- Ensure that all security controls in the database are effective
- All CPs and Projects in Plan International Uganda are embedded in the Database
- Data entry fields for all indicators are provided for in the database
- Ensure that data tools are correctly and comprehensively completed/filled by project staff standardised CP tools
- Carry out data quality assessments periodically
- Ensure that all project staff and data entrants are trained on correct entry of data, its analysis, retrieval from the database and use to report effectively.
- Ensure that the database is updated on a monthly basis
- Generate Reports for various Project Coordinators and projects are periodically generated to inform learning and accountability
- Tasked with information generation and wide sharing with approval and use both internally and externally using online systems
- Ensure that the G-Drive is well organised and synchronised with the database.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Plan International Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Graduate Intern job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in ICT, IT, Computer Science, Statistics (majoring in computing), Computer programming/database design or any other related degree qualification- must be a recent graduate of not more than 18 months
- No working experience required
- Demonstrated ability to produce results within deadlines and work under pressure
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish credibility quickly
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills in English
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in the use of MS Office tools
- Graduates should be willing to commit their time on the programme for the entire year.
- Graduates with demonstrated good character, creativity, honesty, positive attitude, ability to learn.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Plan as Graduate Interns must submit the following:
- Application letter
- Curriculum Vitae with Contact telephone numbers
- Copies of relevant certificates
- Names and contact details of three references.
- Statement indicating the objective of the internship and the expected outcomes.
- In all cases, intern applicants will be required to include details of their course of study, number of years in college, respective grades attained, at-least a 500 words write-up on “Reasons for their interest in joining Plan International Uganda as an intern”.
Send application package to:
Ag. Country Human Resources Manager,
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 24th March, 2017