30 August, 2017
REF: HRM 70/73/01
SALARY : UGANDA GOVERNMENT SCALE U5
AGE : 20 YEARS AND ABOVE
Public Service Uganda Jobs 2017: Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Ordinary Diploma in Civil or Water Engineering from a recognized Institution.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Water Officer – Information Management for performing the following duties:-
– Supporting collection, analysis and processing of georeferenced information/data and update of GIS Database;
– Producing maps and other information products;
– Disseminating information on products to users and the public;
– Liaising with other data generators on data needed in the Unit and collecting the required data from them;
– Updating GIS Inventory;
– Supporting water management zones in updating maps with new administrative units and validated stations;
– Training of other technicians in GIS fields;
– Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
How to apply:
Applications are invited from suitably, qualified, Ugandans to fill vacant posts. Application Forms/Public Service Form No.3 (2008) in triplicate and PSC Summary Form (one form) should be submitted to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P. O. Box 7080, Kampala to be received not later than 27th September 2017.
The Application and Summary Forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala or Ministries/Departments and District Service Commission Offices, or can be downloaded from the Public Service Commission website www.psc.go.ug Hand written applications are also acceptable.
Application forms should bear the title of the post followed by the Reference Number specified against the vacancy. The appropriate Advert Title e.g. “PSC External Advert. No. 2/2017” should be clearly indicated on top of each first page of the Application Form No. 3 (2008).
Applicants should attach three sets of photocopies of their academic transcripts and certificates. Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present originals of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting the Oral Interviews.
Applicants should attach three (3) recent passport size photographs and should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the first and second choice against the post applied for. The Advert may also be accessed on Public Service Commission website www.psc.go.ug.
Applicants who shall not hear from the Public Service Commission, on completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful
Deadline: Not later than 27th September 2017.