Living Goods Uganda Jobs – 2 Graduate Trainee Software Developers
Job location: Kampala, Uganda
What is Living Goods?
Living Goods Uganda Jobs: Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of underserved communities.
What we do at Living Goods-We support networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth. We seek a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most.
Life at Living Goods– We think big, but we operate small and nimble. When you join us you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day.
Do You – Work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, know how to fail fast and learn fast, meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, then you will thrive at Living Goods.
The Opportunity – Software Developer – We seek a Graduate trainee with MADDD software skills to work on new and existing web and mobile applications for deployment and use by staff, agents and partners.
The Graduate trainee will
- Work with designers and project managers to ensure that new systems designs are feasible and thereafter work with colleagues to build and deliver the solutions.
- Provide product development support: Work with Living Good’s designers to describe mHealth needs and opportunities and to ensure these needs are addressed in Living Good’s current products or in Living Good’s Product road map.
Desired Skills / Competences:
- Develop web and mobile applications and web services in a scalable and reusable manner.
- Database design and development, understanding of database systems (PostgreSQL, CouchDB, MySQL).
- Experience with MVC frameworks.
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Basic knowledge in Lean / Agile Development environments.
- Open to learn web technologies (NGINX, Apache etc.) and basic familiarity with Unix/Linux.
- Desire to learn new tools e.g. Enketto engine.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a Software Development focus
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
How to Apply:
All Ugandan candidates are strongly encouraged to Apply Online at the web link below.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.