Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) is a semi-autonomous agency under the Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities. UWA was established in 1996 and is managed in accordance with the Wildlife Act Cap 200.
The Mission of UWA is: To conserve, economically develop and sustainably manage the wildlife and protected areas of Uganda in partnership with i neighboring communities and other stakeholders for the beneﬁt of the people of Uganda and the global community.
UWA, an equal opportunity employer wishes to recruit high caliber, self motivated and result oriented Ugandan nationals to ﬁll the Positions below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Salary Scale: UWA 6
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duty Station: UWA Headquarter
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparing notes, correspondences and reports using a variety of computer , software packages such as word processing. spreadsheets, database, PowerPoint, graphical presentation, internet and other applicable programmes.
- Responding to telephone and internet inquiries, providing information to 5 callers or routing calls ha appropriate ofﬁcials.
- Attending to ofﬁcial visitors and walk-in customers/clients.
- Disseminating mails and other information for the ofﬁce.
- Fixing Appointments for the Deputy Director Human Resource.
- Maintaining Office equipment and materials.
- Organizing Unit meetings, conferences, exhibitions, and accurately recording proceedings of various deliberations.
- Managing records and ensuring conﬁdentiality and safety of ofﬁcial documents.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Management and or the supervisor from time to time
- Should possess a minimum of an Honors Degree in Secretarial Studies or its equivalent from a recognized University.
Knowledge of the latest Desktop Publishing Packages will be highly desirable.
- At least three (3) years relevant working experience from a reputable
- information and Communications Technology
- Records and information Management
- Time Management
- Pubic Relations and Customer Care.
Job application procedure
Applications with detailed CV and three (3) competent Referees with daytime telephone contact should be addressed and submitted to the address below clearly marking on the envelope the post being applied for not later than 28th October 2016.
The Executive Director
Uganda Wildlife Authority
Plot 7 Kira Road, Kamwokya
P.O. Box 3530 Kampala, Tel:+256-414-355000 Fax +256414346921
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, please note that any form of lobbing will lead to automatic disqualiﬁcation.
Deadline of this Job: not later than 28th October 2016