Build Africa is an International NGO that has been operational in Uganda since 1996. Build Africa Uganda (BAU) programmes focus on Education and Livelihood improvement. ‘ BALI currently works in 13 districts with its field programs coordinated through two Area offices located in Kumi and Masindi. Build Africa invites applicants from suitably qualified candidates for the following primary education school focused projects.
Project Assistant-Education (2 posts)
Station: Kumi and Masindi
Duration; Fixed term – 12 months
Purpose of the position:
The Project Assistant is responsible for project activity implementation to include school and community mobilization, training, community partnership liaison, data capture and reporting. S/he will contribute to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) function and will report to the Project Officer.
Person Specifications –
- Proven experience in community mobilization approaches
- Proven experience and technical knowledge of managing community based projects Knowledge in data collection approaches,
- Relevant degree (Education, Development Studies, Social work and Community based development with at least 2 years related work experience on development projects, preferably with an INGO.
- Experience of direct working -with communities and children
- Awareness of Child Safeguarding issues
- A person of high integrity that will follow BAU’s core values and adhere to a zero tolerance on waste and corruption.
- Experience of organising and supporting the facilitation of training sessions
- Organised with strong attention to detail for accuracy
- Effective communication and listening skills.
- Willing to speak up and proactively raise issues ‘
- Good report writing and computer skills 5 including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to ride a motor cycle with a valid riding permit
- A good team player who shows creativity 3 and innovation.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision. .
- Ability to work under sometimes harsh field Conditions
Job application procedure
Your CV/resume should include your contact information and 3 work-related references.
You should clearly state your current salary and expectations
Build Africa Uganda is an equal employer, we therefore encourage female and people with disabilities to apply. Please note; All post require The use of motorcycles.
The Human Resources Officer
Kampala and Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Physically submit applications to the address below; Build Africa Uganda~ Kampala (Head Office), Plot 5431 8424, Central Zone, Off Gaba Road, P.O. Box 57224 Kampala. Tel: 0414 267828
Build Africa Uganda
Kumi, Plot 28 Liang Road, PO. BOX 350 Kumi. Tel 0392769648 Build Africa Uganda — Masindi, P.O. Box 66, Plot Kabalega Crescent, Masindi, Tel: 0465420171
Deadline for applications — 14th November 2016
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for more information, you can visit our website www.build-africa.org