Job Title: Intern – GIZ Uganda Jobs
Departmentt: Communication and Visibility
Organization: GIZ Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
GIZ Uganda Jobs: The Intern will support GIZ’s Pro Mini-Grids project team in the communication and visibility elements of the project.
The GIZ Energy Programme in Uganda is a bilateral development partnership between the German and Ugandan governments. It is hosted in the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development and works in the areas of energy policy, biomass technology and markets, climate change and rural electrification.
The “Promotion of Mini-grids for Rural Electrification (Pro Mini-Grids)” project is co-financed by the European Union (EU), the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) under the German Climate Technology Initiative (DKTI) and the Government of Uganda through the Rural Electrification Agency (REA). The project is implemented by GIZ Uganda together the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development (MEMD), Rural Electrification Agency (REA) and Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA). Up to 40 mini-grids will be installed, of which 25 will be in Northern Uganda and 15 in Southern Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The intern shall be responsible for;
- Organisation of visibility events especially project launches for key activities.
- Documentation of articles for publication in online journals and local/regional newspapers.
- Working with the team in their activities to implement any communication and visibility activities e.g. pictures, videos, capturing stories, etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the GIZ Internship placement should have completed a Bachelors’ degree in a communications related field.
- Not more than 6 months after completion of University degree
- Experience concerning energy is an added advantage
- Previous experience in a similar role is an added advantage
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by submitting their application and CV along with the contacts of 2 referees to the Human Resource Department through email: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “internship” as the subject heading.
Please note: Applications, CV and attachments should be in one document.
Deadline: 6th May 2019