Job Title: IT Audit Officer – Tropical Bank Uganda Jobs
Organisation: Tropical Bank Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Tropical Bank Uganda Profile:
Tropical Bank Limited was established in 1973 under the name Libyan Arab Uganda Bank for Foreign Trade and Development. Tropical Bank Limited is jointly owned by the Governments of the Republic of Uganda 0.03% and the Libyan Foreign Bank (LFB) 99.97% of Paid-up Capital. The Bank provides professional and personalized commercial banking services to various sectors of the economy including financial support to Parastatals, Corporates, Small and Medium Enterprises, Individuals, and Non-Governmental Organisations.
Tropical Bank Uganda Jobs: The IT Audit Officer will provide assurance to the Board, Management and other stakeholders that IT Risk Management, controls and Governance processes are working as intended for the achievement of bank objectives. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review the IT governance structures and systems in place and ensure that they are working as intended.
- Assess the IT environment especially network security and ensure the bank’s information and data is protected.
- Conduct periodic reviews of all IT related activities as stipulated in the annual audit plan and give assurance on the governance, controls and risk management processes therein and provide practical suggestions (recommendations) to management for addressing weakness identified.
- Prepare an audit file and ensure all working papers (evidence) are we obtained to support all findings.
- Prepare audit reports and provide practical suggestions (recommendations) to management for addressing control weaknesses identified.
- Carry out follow up reviews on IT-related recommendations and check that the identified control gaps were closed.
- Carry out IT and other snap checks as allocated.
- Timely review Bank of Uganda returns and ensure compliance to the regulations.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual department work plan.
- Carry out continuous control monitoring activities as assigned.
- Take the lead in the usage and follow up on any issues arising from audit data analytics software.
- Follow up implementation of audit recommendations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or Statistics
- Part qualification in information system certifications such as CISA and CISM is an added advantage.
- One year of significant work experience in Internal Auditing and or IT environment preferably in a financial institution.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to stay unbiased)
- Confidentiality (Ability to keep information in confidence)
- Analytical skills
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified candidates may hand-deliver or email to email@example.com their application with detailed CV and academic transcripts along with the contacts of three professional referees to our Head Offices at Uvan House Plot 54 Rotary Avenue along Lugogo By Pass Kampala
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews
Deadline: 16th September 2019