Vacancy title: 10 Corporate Bankers – KCB Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: KCB Bank.
KCB Bank Uganda Profile:
KCB Bank Uganda which is part of KCB Group, East Africa’s largest commercial bank that was established in 1896. Over the years, the Bank has grown and spread its wings into Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi completing the East African circuit in the year 2012. Today, the Group has the largest branch network in the region with over 238 branches, 950 ATMs and 8,000 agents offering banking services on a 24/7 basis in East Africa. KCB Bank Uganda was established in the year 2007 and has grown to become one of Uganda’s top ten commercial banks.
Currently, KCB Bank Uganda has 14 branches complemented with 16 ATMs spread on Kampala Road, Commercial Plaza, Ben Kiwanuka, Luwum Street, Oasis Mall Sixth Street, Arua, Elgon Masaba, Fort Portal, Gulu, Hoima, Lira, Mbarara and Jinja that offer trade financing, corporate and retail banking services to customers.
The Corporate Banker supports the Corporate Relationship Manager in the day to day management of an assigned portfolio and provides an analysis of key assigned Liability relationships. The incumbent will direct, control and coordinate all banking, lending, and operations associated with the assigned portfolio of accounts with the intention of monitoring acceptable risk and maximizing bank’s return from each client.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage the portfolio in liaison with the Relationship Manager and in their absence, assume full responsibility of the assigned portfolio.
• Maintenance of an effective client Call program, carrying out clients’ visits and compiling a call report.
• Run with a customer experience initiative to build customer loyalty and up-selling of KCB products and services to the allocated portfolio
• Attend to queries/routine correspondence emanating from internal and external customers.
• Providing an interface between the Bank, existing and prospective customers in order to maintain good customer relations, and meet customer needs within the strategic objective of the Bank.
• Grow the banks’ liability book and help attain capital adequacy ratios on the balance sheet.
• Prepare product proposals and do presentations to both potential and existing customers in line with intelligence collected.
• Regular monitoring of inflows and outflows on the assigned portfolio in order to achieve healthy downstream growth of value chain. I.e. Funds for onwards lending to customers of our clients
• Acquisition of new customers and offer advisory services on the unique products and services offering to them.
• On-board customers to tailor-made solutions that benefit their needs and justify their pricing.
• Cross-sell other bank products i.e. Mortgage, Personal Loans on check-off, etc.
• Achieve set income targets with the RM (interest income, fees, and commissions, forex income)
• Ensure all income is collected accurately and in good time.
• Interest expense containment through active negotiations with clients in the assigned portfolio.
Operations & Audits
• Daily monitoring of accounts to ensure all accounts are within the approved limits.
• Taking remedial actions by pursuing customers to regularize overdrawn positions
• Deal and Confirm investment interest rates in liaison with Treasury
• Attend to Audit queries, perform snap checks monthly and ensure that any anomalies/exceptions are sorted out.
• Continuous follow up with branches, treasury, Trade finance, transactional banking to act on customers’ instructions.
• Prepare daily and monthly monitoring reports on liability, assets & incomes for the assigned portfolio.
• Prepare and submit credit proposals in conformity with Credit Policy guidelines and requirements in liaison with the Relationship manager whilst maintaining high standards of Credit Analysis
• Collect and analyze vital data on clients (Market Intelligence) through annual reports, management accounts, interim reports, industry reports to acquire in-depth knowledge which will facilitate a comprehensive review of assigned accounts relationships and relationships assigned to the Relationship manager
• Obtain account analysis and profitability figures for facility appraisal purposes.
• The applicant for the KCB Bank Corporate Banker job must hold a University degree in Business related degree from a recognized and reputable institution
• Three years’ experience in Banking
• Portfolio management and product development
• A good understanding of Risk, Compliance policies and procedures
• Experience in developing and supporting business strategy is essential
How To Apply For KCB Uganda Jobs 2020 – 10 Corporate Bankers:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: Monday, 6th April 2020