Job Title: Finance & Admin Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Sector: Administrative/General Office
International Rescue Committee Uganda Profile:
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and help people to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees and displaced people forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40+ countries and in 29 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Reporting to the Senior Field and Consortium Manager, the Finance & Admin Assistant is responsible for providing support for day-to-day administrative requirements, including warehouse and petty cash management in the Urban office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attend to the office telephone, e-mail in a professional manner and ensure timely distribution of mail/messages.
- Ensure mail pouches to other IRC Offices are dispatched in a timely manner.
- Prepare invoices and payment request vouchers for all utilities (electricity bills, water bills, newspapers etc.) including telephone bills.
- Ensure proper office management through proactive engagement with office cleaner.
- Ensures OADM forms/Templates are replenished and updated.
- Assist to monitor staff movement to/from the field, trainings, etc. and provide weekly updates (Travel calendars) to relevant staffs
- Ensure proper inventory system is in place at the Urban office
- Monitor the stock flow and distribution plans and provide periodic reports
- Ensure all finance documents/templates are replenished and accessible by staff in the Urban office
- Follow up cash in transit and transfers at field level
- Act as a cashier
- Maintain petty cash account register and ensure petty cash reconciliation and replenish the petty cash when it reaches the minimum limit for the urban office.
- Submit weekly and monthly petty cash summaries to the Finance Manager in Naguru and Senior Field/ Consortium manager.
- Perform any other duties assigned
- University studies/ Higher education in Business administration, Business Studies or any other related course.
- At least 2 years of experience in similar position.
- Proven skills in administration and finance.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills.
- Good administrative skills.
- Strong written and oral English communications skills.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams.
- A team builder with excellent people skills; must be culturally sensitive.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their applications online by using the link below:
Only online applications will be considered.
Deadline: June 16th 2020.