Job Title: Administrative Assistant – UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2020
Position Number: 10030709
Duty Station: Moyo
Organization: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Uganda
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Uganda Profile:
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative assistance to the immediate supervisor and/or Head of the Office, and/or to the Unit as a whole to ensure that routine services and activities within the administrative domain are properly implemented. As per specific instructions, the incumbent may require liaising with other internal or external entities, to ensure effective delivery of services and achievement of objectives.
The assignments are mostly standard tasks including limited interpretation of subject matter and information exchange between staff in the office, at the duty station and external officials of other institutions to ensure mutual understanding. The incumbent’s workload and the assignments will remain under constant guidance and direction of the supervisor.
The Administrative Assistant is a position within an office/Division/Bureau that requires basic knowledge of administrative rules, procedures as well as operational standards of a UNHCR office. The nature of certain administrative/personnel functions require discretion and confidentiality
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Arrange appointments/meetings both internal and external, some involving high ranking officials.
- Receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls, respond to routine requests for information and take notes at meetings as and when required.
- Maintain hard and electronic office files and records; classify and code material relating to a variety of topics;
- Receive, review, sort and distribute all incoming and outgoing correspondence, office pouch and material, highlight priority items and attach necessary background information. Maintain a follow up system.
- May be required to maintain/update confidential files.
- Draft routine correspondence, memoranda and reports. Format more complex documents by using the appropriate technology.
- Facilitate implementation of Personnel administrative formalities and processing of documents in relation to official travels, leaves and movements of staff. Support staff members with processing personnel-related documentation.
- Maintain office inventory and stocks of office supplies. Monitor the asset management track to ensure all admin procurements and disposal of UNHCR property are done and recorded accurately.
- Assist the supervisor to monitor and record expenditure/disbursement of funds.
- Following instructions from the supervisor make logistic and administrative arrangements for seminars, workshops, and briefings that may be required by the Office/Division.
- May regulate and monitor routine provision of services and/or shifts from providers, as and when applicable;
- Monitor office/compound facilities and equipment and in consultation with the supervisor take appropriate action to ensure proper functioning at all time.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNHCR Administrative Assistant job placement should have completed High school diploma. Required.
- At least four years of previous job experience relevant to the function is required.
- Computer Literacy is required.
- Knowledge of English is required
- Completion of certificates in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field is desirable.
- Knowledge of UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures is desirable
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and organizing
How To Apply for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Closing Date: 21st June 2020