Job Title: Finance Officer– IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Yumbe, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Uganda Profile:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Acting at all times in accordance with the country law and standards of accounting practices
- Contribute to the overall objective of the Finance department of providing quality support service to all sectors.
- Manage all aspects of day to day operations of the accounting department
- Assist in implementation of finance policies, procedures and systems at the field office
- Provide training to program staff on IRC finance matters
- Review payment vouchers, ensuring completeness of the documentation and consistency with IRC policies and procedures.
- Review of Field finance data files for accuracy, completeness and correctness of descriptions, amounts and coding.
- Validate captured accounting entries in SUN Account, ensuring accuracy and completeness of the process.
- Liaison with the bank on all banking issues and carrying out monthly bank reconciliation.
- Complete end-of-month tasks in a timely manner, with minimal to no errors.
- Perform periodical backup and restore procedures for SUN database locally and externally, ensuring existence of a proper data retention and recovery system.
- Consolidate monthly cash projections and submit the same to Kampala in a timely manner.
- In liaison with supply chain department, prepare commitment schedules every month and share the same with supervisor and country office finance controller or designee.
- Assist the Operations Manager and Field Coordinator in the preparation of finance related reports for use in decision making at both field and head office levels.
- Carry out monthly reconciliation of program advances and charges related to staff personal accounts (T7) and advise the supervisor on course taken to settle outstanding balances.
- Participate as gatekeeper in ensuring that all transactions are in accordance with IRC financial policies and grant agreements.
- Provide support to both external and internal audit processes that are undertake at the field office
- Work hand in hand with the FPC to prepare and update the field office operating budget
- Implement the shared program costs (SPC) allocation at the field office
- Participate and provide technical support in grant opening and closing meetings
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- University Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Commerce or Finance, or full qualification in a recognized Accounting professional body.
- Minimum of three years of accounting experience preferably in an international NGO.
- At least a minimum of 1 year hands-on experience working with SUN, VISION and EXCEL Excellent interpersonal, supervisory and organizational skills;
- Ability to work with computers, effective communication, problem solving and decision making. The ability to work under pressure
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 31st July 2020 by 5:00 pm.
Subscribe to Blog via Email