Job Title: Banking Officer (Reconciliation) – DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
DFCU Bank Profile:
A subsidiary of dfcu Limited, dfcu Bank is a leading banking and financial services company domiciled in Uganda. It came into existence in May 2000 following dfcu’s acquisition of Gold Trust Bank to extending universal banking services alongside the pre-existing equity finance; long term development finance; leasing and working capital finance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Daily/weekly/monthly reconciliation of Suspense/Nostro/Internal accounts of various products (Loan, Credit Card, ATM, online banking).
• Follow up/Escalate with responsible business units on outstanding items according to bank procedures.
• Report/ escalate control breaches to the team-leader for timely investigation.
• Identify exceptions/suspicious transactions and escalate them to the team leader in a timely manner.
• Identify potential system issues that affect reconciliation of suspense accounts so as to support in providing solutions to the teams in closing the issues.
• Verify the reliability and accuracy of data provided by third parties with that in the core banking application.
• Support the team leader reconciliation with information regarding all relevant issues and keep her informed of the status of the reconciliations and related unresolved issues.
• Contribute to or support recommendations on changes in operational procedures that relate to Reconciliation’s functions.
• Respond to customer queries in a timely and professional manner.
• Identification of issues or concerns related to potential gaps in existing processes, procedures, policies.
• Support the team leader reconciliation by contributing to process improvement strategies to address identified inefficiencies and ensure required processes are established to meet changing needs.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
• University Degree.
• Fluent in use of MS Excel.
• Previous work experiences in account reconciliation, Finance, Operations in a financial institution preferred.
• Service oriented with a distinct team-work attitude and ability to attend to details.
• A fast and self-motivated learner.
• High Integrity.
• Communication/Interpersonal Skills.
How To Apply For DFCU Bank Jobs 2020
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level).
Deadline: Monday 12th October 2020