Job Title: CVA Programme Associate – FAO Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: FAO Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
FAO Uganda Profile:
FAO Uganda supports extremely vulnerable populations throughout Uganda to achieve sustainable food, nutrition and income security through resilient agricultural livelihoods. To support the immediate needs of extremely vulnerable populations experiencing acute instances of economic crisis and food insecurity, FAO provides CASH+ assistance through a combination of cash to enable households to meet their basic needs and protect their productive assets.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The CVA Programme Associate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- In consultation with the CVA Consultant, support the M&E Department to establish CVA-specific methodologies and tools for regular assessment (e.g. market, feasibility) and surveys; data collection, cleaning, analysis and management (e.g. excels modules for data collection, data analysis syntaxes, databases, etc.); and monitoring and reporting (e.g. post-distribution monitoring, dashboards, guidelines aligned to SMART indicators, etc.) to assess performance and inform programmatic decisions;
- In coordination with the CVA Consultant, collaborate with FAO seed experts to assess the capacity of sub-regional seed markets/commercial hubs in Uganda based on Seed Security Assessment results, to assess the technical and operational feasibility of Cash- and/or Voucher-based activities to support agricultural interventions, and to establish monitoring tools for potential CVA;
- Contribute to the interpretation of data analysis results using statistical techniques and support application of such results in project activities, reports and knowledge products;
- Support the development of SOPs for FAO Uganda CVA in emergency and development contexts with alignment to, both, the humanitarian principles of ‘Do No Harm’ and ‘Leave No One Behind’, and the UN Code of Ethics and Conduct; building from good practices from the sector; ensuring high operational standards and compliance with FAO corporate rules and procedures (including Manual Section 702 on Cash Transfers);
- Support the integration of cash transfer modalities in other ongoing activities;
- Support, in coordination with the Procurement Unit and the CVA Consultant, the development of contractual arrangements with FAO’s implementing partners and service providers, including Financial Service Providers, where CVA will be used;
- Support stakeholder engagement processes on the roll-out of CVA in partnership with FAO service providers;
- Provide technical assistance (as needed) to FAO implementing partners on the roll-out of CVA through routine monitoring of partner activities in the Desert Locust response under the pillars of surveillance and control and livelihoods protection and recovery;
- When needed, represent FAO in the Cash Technical Working Group under the refugee response and other relevant forum and discussions to facilitate learning, information sharing, alignment to national standards and approaches;
- Undertake any other activities as requested.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Extent and relevance of experience and knowledge in CVA for food security and livelihoods in humanitarian responses, preferably with the United Nations or other international or multilateral organizations.
- Extent and relevance of experience and knowledge in data analysis and management and monitoring activities using widely used statistical packages such as SPSS, STATA, MS Excel.
- Coordination skills (communication) and the ability to technically support on CVA needs across different thematic areas.
- Experience working along with the humanitarian-development nexus and in displacement settings.
- Extent and relevance of experience with international or multi-lateral organizations, preferably FAO, and/or with the government is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural team, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Writing and communication skills.
How To Apply For FAO Uganda Jobs 2020
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs and Application online via the link below:
Deadline: October 30th 2020