Job Title: Presiding Officers – EC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Electoral Commission of Uganda.
Tenure: Appointed Polling Days
Allowance: Shs.50,000/= per day of presiding
Duty Station: Kampala, Mpigi, Wakiso, Mubende, Mityana, Nakasongola, Kiboga, Kayunga, Jinja, Mayuge, Kamuli, Mbale, Kapchorwa, Tororo, Iganga, Luuka, Pallisa, Soroti, Serere, Busia, Manafwa, Busia, Budaka, Namutumba
Electoral Commission Uganda Profile:
The Electoral Commission established under Article 60 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and mandated to conduct public elections and referenda, invites applications from suitably qualified citizens to fill the following vacant positions within its establishment.
To assist in conducting the four (4) major categories of elections, on polling day The major categories of elections are:
• Presidential and Parliamentary
• District City/Chairpersons and Councilors
• Municipal Mayors and Councilors
• Sub-county Chairpersons and Councilors
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Roles and responsibilities:
• Reports to the Returning Officer through the immediate supervisor;
• Overall management of a polling station; Supervision of polling station staff;
• Receipt, issuance, accountability and safe custody of election materials;
• Ensuring proper filing of election forms;
• Submission of election returns to the Returning Officer;
• Ensuring peace and security at the polling station;
• Keeping records of the proceedings at the polling station layout;
• Mobilizing furniture to facilitate the polling process;
• Possession of Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent.
• Should have high moral character and proven integrity.
• Preferably a resident of the area where the polling station is located for at least two (2) years.
• Must be a registered voter.
• Experience in elections-related work is an added advantage
• Age limit: 18 years and above
How To Apply for EC Uganda Jobs 2020:
Applicants should fill in a job application form showing their day time telephone number(s), addresses which should be completed and sent to the respective District Registrar where the applicant may wish to work, in any case.
Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words ‘Application for the post of…….
Deadline: Not later than Friday, 4th December 2020.
• Applicants must possess a telephone number registered on mobile money in their own names as they appear on their National Identity Cards (IDs) to facilitate payment by e-cash.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
• The Electoral Commission is an equal opportunity employer, therefore, females and persons with disability are particularly encouraged to apply.