Job Title: Health Informatics/Data Interns – John Snow Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: John Snow, Inc. (JSI) Uganda
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) Profile:
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in the field of international public health, is currently recruiting for Data Clerks for the Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services-North, Lango (RHITES-N, Lango) Project, funded by the USAID. RHITES-N, Lango will improve the use of integrated health services in Northern Uganda’s Lango region and strengthen the health system to sustain gains made by earlier projects. RHITES-N, Lango will contribute to improving key population-based national health indicators; build the capacity of the Ugandan government to carry out a sustainable and locally-driven response to the HIV epidemic, while also improving TB, malaria, nutrition, MNCH+A, and WASH outcomes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Understanding the standard operating procedures (SOPs) provided by the MOH for all data management processes.
- Understanding and managing the processes for timely and complete documentation at the facility including in the HMIS including register updates with no duplicates.
- How to manage the timely data entry of patient data into the Uganda EMR and the performance of regular database backup.
- Organization and tracking of patients’ files and registers that are used for data record and entry
- Understanding policies for data management, especially the confidentiality of data that is collected and stored.
- How to manage the timely submission of facility reports?
- Analyzing and utilizing of data to improve patient management and service delivery.
- Other areas of development as may be prescribed from time to time.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Medical records or related field.
- Must have graduated within the previous 24 months. No candidates over 24 months’ post-graduation are eligible for the internship program.
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills.
- MUST be a resident from any districts in Lango sub region.
- Ability to work independently and display initiative is desired
How To Apply for the John Snow Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should send their application letters and updated CV to the Internship Coordinator USAID RHITES-N Lango, with the subject – “Applications USAID-RHITES-N L Internship Position batch 4 round 2 February 2021”. Application should be submitted in hard copy and must contain only 2 documents within 1 envelope (Application letter and your CV) and hand delivered to the USAID RHITES-N Lango Offices directly in Citadel Towers, 2nd floor of the building with security officer at office entrance. Mark on the envelop the Internship position applied for with either Internship-Clinical Officer February 2021 or Internship- Laboratory Assistant Etc.
NB: Those who have already benefitted from the RHITES NORTH LANGO internship program should not apply
Deadline: 22nd February 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.