Job Title: Fresher Finance Volunteer – IRC jobs in Uganda
Organization: International Rescue Committee
Job Location: Kampala
Employment Type: Full-Time
International Rescue Committee Uganda Profile:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1933. IRC works in 28 countries providing relief, protection, and resettlement assistance to refugees and displaced populations. IRC was registered in Uganda in mid-1998 and implements rehabilitation activities in the sectors of Child and Youth Protection and Development, Economic Recovery and Development, Health and Women Protection and Empowerment. IRC Uganda has a head office in Kampala, field offices in Kitgum, Yumbe, Kyaka, Arua & Kiryandongo.
Under the direction of the Senior Finance Officer, the Finance Volunteer is responsible for assisting the finance team in the day-to-day accounting operations in accordance with IRC’s policies and procedures, and in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist Finance in day-to-day bookkeeping and data processing.
- Updating the cash books
- Prepare cash transaction vouchers.
- Assist in sorting, labelling, and organizing of Finance files.
- Stamp all the finance payment vouchers.
- Assist in clearing payments in the online BvA system.
- Assist in preparation of monthly Bank Reconciliation Statements.
- Assist in the verification of expenditures submitted by the Program staff for adjustment against their advances.
- Learn about the importance of policies and procedures in an organization, including confidentiality.
- Perform any other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Commerce or Finance
- At least 1 years’ experience performing similar roles.
- Good computer knowledge, especially working with MS Excel.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, proven self-initiative and problem-solving abilities.
- High standard of spoken and written English.
How To Apply for IRC jobs in Uganda
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit their applications via the link below.
Deadline: 7th March 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.