Job Title: Lab Technician – Lifelink Hospital Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Lifelink Hospital Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Head of Laboratory
Lifelink Hospital Uganda Profile
LifeLink Medical Group is a private medical establishment, initially founded as Lifelink Medical Centre in 2008 with a goal of bringing superior but affordable medical services, closer to the people. Currently running a hospital in Namugongo, and an urban clinic in Ntinda, LifeLink offers both general and specialist health services in a sparkly, friendly and well-‐supervised environment. We collaborate with Insurance providers, companies, Ministry of Health, and NGOs among others, to deliver competitive healthcare and medical services to the Ugandan population. Since 2008, we’ve handled a wide range of cases, cutting across the various healthcare disciplines. We have learned to adapt; constantly upgrading the team, machinery and facilities, whenever necessary.
To perform a variety of laboratory tests by following the correct procedures to assist in diagnosing, monitoring, treating and preventing disease.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To perform tests according to the standard operating procedures as per tests
- To perform all Lab tests as required by the doctor/clinician
- Always keep patient’s results as confidential
- To recommend any other tests if you think they will improve on the patients’ management
- Interact with doctors/clinician in case of a significant finding in the patient’s results
- Recording all results in the Lab record books
- Performing phlebotomies
- Explain to OPD clients the Lab results or referring them where you can’t give an appropriate explanation
- Ensure proper storage of reagents, samples and equipment
- Preparing reagents for daily use
- Ensure that patients’ rights and safety are not violated
- Ensure proper interpretation of tests results to patients
- Ensure proper transportation of samples to other Labs (in case of outside/out of premises Lab tests)
- Ensure personal protective ware while in the laboratory.(Closed shoes, gloves, lab coats etc.)
- Always attend C.M.Es and Laboratory department meetings
- Ensure good reception of all clients.
- Always greet the patient.
- Direct clients where need arises.
- Ensuring good staff client’s relationship
- Give relevant explanations to client about their test samples and results
- Timely delivery of results to clinicians and doctors
- To handle client’ complaints diligently
- Always follow up on patient’s results and call them to pick their results
PREMISES, EQUIPMENTS AND SUPPLIES
- To ensure proper arrangement of the lab
- To ensure proper disposal of waste
- To ensure that lab reagents and equipment are in good working condition and are not expired
- Ensure that machines are switched off after work
- To ensure that the lab is adequately supplied with reagents and any other equipment at all times
- To update yourself on the available and unavailable tests
- To ensure that the lab is clean and organized, including the bench, the floors and other drawers
- To ensure stock takings and avoid stock outs
- To ensure proper storage of reagents, samples and equipment
- To fill daily maintenance logs
- To regularly asses the quality of results produced by our lab
- To regularly assess the functionality of the lab equipment and assesses the quality of recycled containers and instruments
- To filter and prepare reagents
- To update each other on the proper lab test procedures and any reporting methods
- To compare lab results with doctors’ clinical notes to ensure that they tally
COMMUNICATION AND TECHNOLOGY
- To report to the Manager/ Head of Laboratory any lab queries
- To report to the Manager/ Head of Laboratory in case of failure/absence from duty
- To report any challenges faced in the Laboratory department
- To identify and inform management of any other laboratory needs/requirements
- To give the Manager/Head of Laboratory prior notice of any reagents short supply
- To ensure that all tests are properly and correctly billed
- To ensure that our patients’ laboratory tests have been paid for before they are done
- Return receipts to the cashiers in case of any petty cash given for proper accountability
- To assess and identify own education and training needs and explore all opportunities for marinating and updating own professional knowledge and skills
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned to you by your supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for Lifelink Hospital Uganda Jobs 2021
- A Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Science or higher qualification from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a busy laboratory
- Must be registered with Allied Health Professional Council.
- Must have a valid Annual Practicing License.
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, equipment and techniques of Medical laboratory technology.
- Have good medical knowledge
- Able to use specialized medical equipment
- Organization of lab workﬂows interpretation and reporting of lab observations.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills in Microsoft Ofﬁce.
- Excellent organizational skills required with strong team orientation
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills using the team work concept
- Careful and analytical approach to work
- Attention to detail
- Empathetic, supportive and professional approach to patients
- Energetic, resilient and able to prioritize
- Ability to learn and work independently, with minimum handholding and supervision
- Professional, mature and confident
How To Apply for Lifelink Hospital Uganda Jobs 2021
Deadline: 30th April 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.