Job Title: Service Provider/Registered Midwife/Nurse – UYAHF Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum (UYAHF)
Job Location: Mbale
Reports to: Facility-In-Charge Clinical Officer
Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum Profile:
The UYAHF Adolescent Health Clinic strives to be leading center for excellence for quality adolescent friendly health services, wellbeing and research in Eastern Uganda and Uganda large. The clinic’s commitment is hinged on UYAHF’s passion to protect and improve the health and well-being of adolescents including enhancing their demand, access and uptake of quality sexual reproductive health services and GBV support services. The new team members will play a critical role of building and sustaining internal systems that will support UYAHF to realize the above ambitious goal.
Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum is looking for 2 proactive, strategic and open-minded team members to join our newly established Adolescent Health Clinic in Mbale. Provide Integrated youth friendly Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights (SRHR) services to adolescents and young people according to Ministry of Health (MOH) guidelines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Key Result Areas
• Inform, educate, and communicate with clients, to motivate and enable them make informed SRHR choices
• Provide quality integrated SRHR services to clients at the UYAHF adolescent health clinic and during community outreaches as per MoH guidelines.
• Refer clients where necessary, to defined referral point(s) and all referral to be done in time and recorded.
• Collect and maintain complete and accurate records of clients according to MOH guidelines
• Analyze and utilize data to improve service delivery at health service delivery points
• Ensure timely reporting to the supervisor on matters that need attention/information
• Perform any other professional duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
• Inform, educate and communicate to clients to make informed SRHR choices
• Ensure Quality of Care for all services provided at the UYAHF Adolescent Health Clinic
• Diagnose and manage client conditions as appropriate and in line with established Ministry of Health Guidelines
• Provide quality integrated and comprehensive SRHR service at all delivery points and uphold the principals of provision of youth friendly services.
• Refer clients to defined networks and referral points
• Ensure at all times, privacy and confidentiality and maintain client’s records properly
• Observe and keep and environment that is free from all forms discrimination, stigma, as well as sexual violence and sexual harassment
• Ensure timely, accurate and complete documentation and reporting that should be done on daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
• Arrange and set-up clinic in accordance to MOH standards
• Dispense SRHR Commodities and other medical commodities according to set standards Required Outputs and Outcomes
• Client conditions diagnosed
• Contraceptives/drugs dispensed according to required standards
Training and experience
• Registered Nurse/Midwife from a recognized institution and a valid Practicing License from an appropriate professional body.
• Three years’ experience in providing integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health services especially to the adolescents and young people.
• Individuals with previous NGO experience and experience offering family planning and HIV related services will have an added advantage.
Knowledge, skills and temperament
• Thorough knowledge and skill in providing integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights services that include; family planning, HIV preservation, care and treatment, perinatal, maternal and postnatal care, fertility awareness, treatment and management of STI, screening and treatment of cervical and breasted cancer, provision of post rape care services, GBV counselling and support etc.
• Demonstrated willingness and capacity to address youth sexuality and reproductive issues
• Ability to produce and submit quality reports within set deadlines, and to generate and maintain accurate records;
• Ability and demonstrated knowledge in computer use especially command of Microsoft office and using the internet like sending out and receiving emails.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, and with minimum supervision.
• Skill in training and mentorship
Other Personal Attributes
• The candidate must adhere to the safeguarding reporting and monitoring requirements of this role
• The candidate must be pro-choice
How To Apply for UYAHF Jobs 2021
Interested? Please submit your CV (3 pages Max) with a motivation/cover letter (2 pages Max) and two reference letters, to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org. Job interviews will be held on 26th and 27th May 2021.
Deadline: 21st May 2021 at 5:00pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.