Job Title: Digital Collections Officer – Numida Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Numida Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
Numida Uganda Profile:
We are looking for a self-driven, results-oriented digital collections officer to join our Credit team. The role is a mix between the role of a collections agent and that of a customer care role. S/he will conduct collections calls, implement effective negotiation techniques and engage customers to repay their loans, while ensuring compliance with
Numida’s methodology and policies. This role is reserved for someone who has prior experience in credit or customer care, speaking and engaging with clients over the phone, and who will be capable of prioritizing efforts to maximize repayment outcomes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collect loan repayments past due via phone, and following Numida’s escalation process for delinquent borrowers, including negotiating promises to pay across customers and their secondary contacts
- Execute retention calls in order to understand customer feedback
- Collaborate with the Product team and participating in various experiments or trials that aim to improve the quality of Numida’s service and/or the efficiency of your role
- Address inbound service inquiries (via phone and WhatsApp) and assist all Numida clients until full resolution of the issues, escalating to the correct department when necessary
- Handle interim duties for Credit Relationship Officers or other credit staff
- Conduct periodic field visits for monitoring and escalation of collections
- Ensure that the level of service provided to our customers is maintained to the standards set forth by the company
- Resolve complaints in an effective, timely manner whilst maintaining the highest standards of professionalism
- Record complete, quality and honest information into our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to enable Numida to address customer issues effectively
- Be responsible for maintaining up to date knowledge of Numida’s product offering to ensure any information offered to clients is accurate and helpful
Who You Are
- A believer that small business growth in Uganda will drive community development and wide-scale poverty reduction
- A highly productive, results-oriented, self-driven individual committed to excellence
- A balanced planner and doer who can manage a heavy workload effectively
- A fast learner who is entrepreneurial in spirit
- A team player with the humility to ask for help when needed and to accept feedback to rapidly iterate on your work
- Our team is currently 38% women, and we are committed to achieving gender parity, so applications from women are strongly encouraged
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Microfinance, Business Administration, Commerce, or related field from an accredited University
- At least 1+ years of experience in a credit, customer care or related role
- Proficient in computer and mobile technology – you are experienced with Android apps and desktop productivity software like Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs etc.
- Verbal and written fluency in both English and Luganda. Fluency in other Ugandan languages is an asset.
- Ability to provide customer care via chat using professional, concise, and slang-free English
- Knowledge about and practical experience with the principles of great customer care, and superb phone etiquette
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high levels of empathy – you are patient enough to truly listen to and understand the needs and wants of Numida’s users, and can address their complaints with compassion
- Type 30+ words per minute (desired)
Your Compensation and Reward
This is a full-time, high-growth role in an early stage East African technology start-up.
We are an unconventional business, and our workplace is inspiring with a lot of opportunity for personal growth and fun. You will receive a competitive salary and have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and diverse team based in Kampala, San Francisco, and Vancouver.
How To Apply for Numida Uganda Jobs 2021
Deadline: 25th May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.