Job Title: Locum Accounts Assistant – IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Vacancy Code: LAA X003
Classification: Short Term
Reports to: Accountant
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
The Accounts Assistant is responsible for timely and accurate processing of transactions; accounts payable management; classifying, recording and reconciling transactions
Roles and Responsibilities:
1.0 Financial processes
1.1 Assists the Accountant to ensure that payments are processed on time. Completes weekly journals for posting.
1.2 Files statutory returns on time.
1.3 Verifies the accuracy and authenticity of accountabilities. Identifies appropriate general ledger codes for expensing accountabilities in NAV. Correctly apportions approved shared costs to different projects.
1.4 Assists the Accountant in the preparation of monthly bank and/or mobile money reconciliations
1.5 Reconciles accounts payable. Obtains vendor statements and compares with NAV transactions, identifies errors and passes journal entries for correction.
1.6 Assists in the issuing and receiving of inventory and completing inventory journals.
1.7 Performs periodic asset verifications, cash counts and stock counts at IDI and/or field offices
2.0 Financial systems and security
2.1 Identifies internal controls that require improvement and suggests appropriate policy and procedure modifications for improved internal control. Ensures that all financial systems provide adequate audit trail and documentation.
2.2 Ensures that all documents are archived and maintained in a safe and secure manner for the time periods specified by IDI’s policies.
3.1 Assists the Accountant obtain support documents, prepares analyses of accounts for audits.
3.2 Ensures all paperwork is properly archived at the end of each audit. And any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
• A minimum of Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting option) or Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) (Finance/ Accounting), from a reputable Institution/University.
• ACCA or CPA qualification (or in the process of being certified, Level 2 minimum)
• At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in professional accounting or auditing is required.
Required Competencies and skills and Knowledge;
• High levels of professionalism
• Planning and Organizing
• Demonstrated experience in working with and managing Sub-grantees
• Knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and IFRS
• Demonstrated skills in developing and managing budgets and fiscal control principles
• Demonstrated skills in developing and monitoring systems and capacity building of external stakeholders
• Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in this position should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact. Please follow this link https://idi.mak.ac.ug/hrms to apply for this position.
Deadline: 15th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.