Job Title: Cash & Voucher Assistance Coordinator – Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Save the Children
Job Location: Arua
Save the Children Profile:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for Cash & Voucher Assistance Coordinator at our field Office in Arua The CVA Coordinator will be responsible for leading the coordination of a cash transfer under a pilot Child Support Grant complementing the UN WFP Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition. Specifically: leading on the cash Feasibility and Risk Assessment, undertaking the cash Delivery Mechanism Assessment, providing recommendations and contingency planning to support the scale up of cash transfer programming, support the cash advocacy strategy/plan. The post holder will work closely with programme management to ensure that assistance complements and enhances the nutrition outcomes. The role will also involve coordination with the wider community and with local financial partners on the delivery mechanisms, transfer values and targeting of beneficiaries.
Minimum Qualifications for Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Minimum 3 years of experience working on Cash and/or Livelihoods project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- University degree or higher education relevant to the assignment (Economics, Development studies, agricultural economics, Social Science). Proven work experience will be considered as a substitute for formal education.
- Experience with multi-sectoral and integrated Cash and Livelihoods programming
- Professional knowledge of cash transfer modalities/systems.
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile environments
- Familiar with the line management of staff and work plan coordination
- IT competencies including MS Office
- Context related skills; knowledge and experience
- Experience with market assessment approaches
- Experience with small-scale income-generation activities
- Experience with community-based projects/activities
- Experience working with vulnerable groups; able to demonstrate conflict-sensitivity, compassion, discretion
- Skills in monitoring and evaluation would be beneficial.
- Experience with early recovery /reconstruction projects is an asset.
- Experience working in Uganda and/or experience working in a protracted refugee crisis context
- Multi-site management experience
- ECHO programme management experience
- National level representation with key stakeholders and coordination with other NGOs/UN
How To Apply for Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. Please apply online by following this link https://uganda.savethechildren.net/careers indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors. Important to note: Testimonials/certificates SHOULD NOT be attached to an application that is submitted online. Hand-delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse
Deadline: 30th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.