Job Title: Process Operator – Nile Breweries Jobs 2021
Organization: Nile Breweries Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Nile Breweries Profile:
Nile Breweries Limited (NBL) was established in 1951 by a group of businessmen, associated with the Construction of Owen Falls Dam. After several ownerships, SABMiller Plc, the world’s 2nd largest brewer in the world, acquired the company in 2001 from the Madhvani family. The combined capacity of Nile Breweries Limited with two plants in Jinja and Mbarara stands at 2.45 million hectolitres of beer, making NBL the No 1 provider of locally produced beer in Uganda with a 59% market share. The company was recognized as The Investor of The Year 2015 by Uganda Investment Authority.
Jinja Plant This is the NBL heritage plant, with a total capacity of 1.8 million hectolitres of beer. The plant sources water from the Source of River Nile on Lake Victoria, giving credence to one one of its brands, Nile Special being a “True Reward from the Source”
Mbarara plant In 2011 Nile Breweries Limited undertook a study to determine whether new capacity should be added by expanding the Jinja plant or via a greenfield brewery at another location in Uganda. Work on the new Mbarara brewery in Western Uganda was completed in 2013 with a total investment $90.6 million. President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni launched the plant on August 22, 2013. Mbarara has an initial capacity of 650,000 hectoliters of beer per annum, expandable to 1.8 million hectoliters.
The total investment in the new Mbarara Brewery is $90.6 million, and follows hard on the heels of the $29 million expansion of the Jinja brewery in 2009, and the $25.6 million malting and effluent treatment plant projects in 2011, bringing our capital investment in major projects in Uganda to over $200 million in the last 5 years.
Our headquarters are situated at our main distribution depot in the capital, Kampala.
The company is now a proud part of the ABInBev family after the successful completion of the business combination with SABMiller plc.
Our brands Nile Breweries Limited is the producer of: Nile Special, Club Pilsener, Eagle Lager, Eagle Extra, Eagle Dark, Nile Gold, Castle Milk Stout, Redd’s, Redd’s Vodka Lemon, Castle Lite, Chibuku and Club Twist – a 2% ABV flavored beer.
The primary role of this job is to maintain equipment in an as new condition, assuring reliable performance to standard through inspections, corrective actions to restore equipment back to inherent condition, problem solving to address root cause of failures and loop closure and provide input into the ZBB maintenance budget. To coach operators in the correct way to operate equipment and perform autonomous operations.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Comply with safety, health and environmental procedures and legislation
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards
- Identification of unsafe practices through SIO’s
- Safety inspections conducted
- Safe maintenance practices audited
- Adherence to PPE policies
- Maintenance tools are in good working order
- Maintain and repair plant and associated devices
- Locate plant, equipment, spares and relevant documentation and or systems
- Plan and prepare the job
- Carry out repairs / maintenance
- Operate workshop equipment
- Work in Teams
- Communicate effectively in teams
- Contribute to self and team development
- Work orders complete
- Generate tags for follow on work
- Satisfied customers – no rework
- Apply knowledge & skills of VPO
- Portray good knowledge of Utilities processes and Technologies
- Ensure total productive maintenance
- Demonstrate high energy, balanced personality self-discipline and drive, conceptualizing and innovative thinking, goal-oriented and a strong output bias
- Have a proactive mindset & ability to communicate (verbal and written)
- B.Sc. Engineering degree – Preferably Electrical or Mechanical
- Min. National Diploma in Electrical preferably/Mechanical Eng.
- Good leadership potential
- Good knowledge of Utilities processes and technologies
- Familiarity with maintenance systems e.g. COSWIN
- Influencing ability with regards to sound maintenance practices
How To Apply for Nile Breweries Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 31st August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.