Job Title: IT/Information Management Officer – DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Danish Refugee Council Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Reporting to: Project Manager-Project Support
Danish Refugee Council Uganda Profile:
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries. DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world; and by advocating on behalf of conflict-affected populations internationally, and in Denmark, on the basis of humanitarian principles and the Human Rights Declaration. In Denmark, DRC assists refugees in all aspects of integration as well as asylum procedures. Internationally, DRC actively participates in supporting the protection of refugees, and promoting durable solutions for conflict-affected populations.
To support the West Nile North field offices and additional support to Acholi offices with; the IT and Information Management systems to maximize full uptime. The IT officer is to ensure that information required to support humanitarian operations is collected, organized and distributed to all stakeholders
Roles and responsibilities of DRC Uganda Jobs 2021:
Key IT tasks:
- Control and maintain IT systems to minimize IT service downtime
- Assist in performing software installations and support day-to-day systems operations.
- Troubleshooting the LAN.
- Hardware and software support.
- Ensure that the anti-virus within the organization is updated on a timely basis.
- Performing preventive maintenance service on the IT equipment on a scheduled basis.
- Perform general repairs on IT equipment and peripherals as instructed
- Support to maintain an inventory schedule of all IT equipment and software in use and in the store, through diagnosing their status and performance.
- Maintain a record of all equipment received for repairs and maintenance.
- Ensure that internet invoices are received on time and forwarded to finance for payment
- Provide help desk and technical support to the users.
- Provide Simple guidelines training to the staff during service time.
- Report on API on a monthly basis to the Kampala co-ordination Office
- Respond to and resolve IT service outages by determining the probable cause, contacting the service providers where necessary and escalating if necessary
Key IM tasks:
- Assist MEAL team on the ground with the project databases maintenance, troubleshooting and participate in database and database development training;
- Assist the MEAL team entering data collection tools to the Kobo toolbox system;
- Assist the MEAL team in training enumerators in using the Kobo toolbox for data collection;
- Support the MEAL team with tablet maintenance, including: extracting the data such as pictures (if needed) storing, charging, monitoring their movement, observing that the tablets are used for their designated purpose and there is no other account or data
- Support the SharePoint adoption and organize training to the field teams;
- Support the adoption of SOPs in the field regarding information management
- Collaborate with CO IT and IM focal persons.
- Maintain an updated inventory list for data equipment (tablets, laptops…etc)
- Participate in weekly follow up/feedback meetings with colleagues to maintain high quality of data management
- Attend internal coordination and MEAL meetings with other DRC colleagues to discuss opportunities and challenges.
- Work constructively within the team and take initiative on new tasks and ideas.
- Identify areas for streamlining data entry and sorting processes
Qualifications for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree Science in Computer Science
- Post Graduate Diploma in IT related studies
- Certificate in CISCO NETWORKING an advantage
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible person and ready to work on odd hours.
- Self-motivated, Team player.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a busy IT NGO environment.
- GIS knowledge including the use of complex databases and spreadsheets, and specific software such as ArcGIS; ability to highly numerate and ability to analyze data and statistics; the ability to work well under pressure.
- Fluent in English
- Local languages an asset
How To Apply for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 27th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.