Job Title: Reports Officer – UNICEF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UNICEF Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Donor Relations and Reporting Specialist
UNICEF Uganda Profile:
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is mandated by the UN general assembly to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and expand their opportunities to reach their full potential. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
Under the general guidance of the Donor Relations and Reporting Specialist, the Reports Officer is responsible to lead in this fast-paced environment with contribution management, donor reporting, coordination and knowledge management under the scope of the Donor Relations pillar. We are seeking a vibrant, people-person with a keen eye for detail, exceptional English writing skills and a love for working collaboratively with others while also having the drive and self-confidence to work independently. The incumbent will work on a dynamic and energic team to ensure that all aspects of donor relations are supported to enable UNICEF to achieve results for children.
The Reports Officer will play a critical role to provide additional capacity to the team, enabling additional resources to be dedicated to the scale up in proactive donor engagement to meet the fundraising needs of the Country Office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Proactively leads in the maintenance of the external (VISION) and internal (Excel) donor reporting trackers to ensure that all reports are captured for timely delivery to donors.
- Leads the coordination, compilation and editing of UNICEF donor reports. Ensure adherence to criteria set out in Executive Directives/Guidelines, donor contract stipulations and ESARO quality assurance standards.
- Prepare cover letters and supporting documentation to accompany official report submissions, reprogramming and extension requests to donors.
- Lead on the timely updating of UNISON (Salesforce) to capture key information on donor discussions, donor contact information and funding pipeline.
- Lead the development of internal and external briefing documents.
- Support with the coordination of inputs for key donor deliverables such as grant mid-term and annual reviews, audits, programme closures and other ad hoc requests.
- Ensure that hard copies of all donor relations documentation are filed appropriately for future utilization.
- Lead the management of donor-related knowledge management by uploading key documents to the global shared drive (Donor Reporting Portal).
- Support face to face and virtual donor engagements to build UNICEF’s brand as a key partner of choice for development and humanitarian programming.
- Support the Donor Relations and Reporting Specialist as the Officer in Charge when needed.
- Manage an internal tracker to assist the Country Office with grants information management on funding received per output, geographic targeting, emergency (i.e COVID-19), conditionalities and expenditure to inform the CMT, PMT and EMT on the status of resource mobilization efforts.
- Work with the Budget Unit to promote regular monitoring of utilization/expenditure, expiring funds and funding gaps involving all sections.
- Support the Country Office with timely processing of internal extension requests and donor reporting schedule updates in VISION.
- Any other business as required.
Minimum Qualifications for UNICEF Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Reports Officer job placement must hold an advanced degree is required in one of the following fields: international relations, political science, communications, international development, or another relevant technical field.
- At least two years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: communications, contribution management, resource mobilization, external relations, or other relevant area.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- UNICEF’s values: Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (1)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)
- Works Collaboratively with others (2)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (2)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (2)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
How To Apply for UNICEF Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 30th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.