Job Title: WASH Technician – Samaritan’s Purse Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Samaritan’s Purse
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Samaritan’s Purse Profile:
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The WASH Technician is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of all community-based water supply and sanitation hardware interventions under the Samaritan’s Purse Uganda (SPUG) Urban WASH (UWASH) Project. S/He will be responsible for establishing and training WASH committees and training technicians in the target area. S/He will collect and analyze data to identify community needs to inform planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the technical design and preparation of bills of quantity (BOQs) for the construction / installation and rehabilitation / repair of WASH facilities under the SPUG UWASH Project, ensuring the project meets technical requirements and satisfy the needs of the beneficiaries.
- Participate in needs assessment(s) to identify areas in need of a new/replacement/rehabilitated water points and/or latrines; support and facilitate the construction/installation and rehabilitation/repair of latrines and water supply systems (e.g. rainwater harvesting systems, handwashing stations) to ensure they meet the contracted/approved/required BOQ standards and specifications.
- With the support of the Water Supply Officer (WSO), establish WASH Committees (Water User Committees, Toilet User Committees), provide training on operation and maintenance of water points, handwashing stations and WASH facilities, and conducting follow-up visits to strengthen their capacity.
- Establish relationships and work closely with project partners/stakeholders (e.g. KCCA, NWSC, local leaders, Community Health Educators, church leaders, community hygiene and sanitation clusters, etc.).
- Complete regular (i.e. daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual) activity reports, working with the WSO to monitor and maintain project progress to ensure goals are achieved on time, evaluate challenges as they arise, and propose/implement solutions.
- Participate in morning devotions and maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, project stakeholders, project beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Any other duties as assigned
- The ideal applicant must agree with and uphold the mission and objectives of the organization. Diploma in Water or Civil Engineering, or related field.
- At least three (3) years’ relevant experience, including experience implementing WASH projects. Must hold a valid Class A and B driver’s permit.
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement, with experience in training facilitation. Proficient in Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Proactive, resourceful, adaptable and results-oriented; good critical thinking and problem solving skills. Willingness to travel to and be based in the field; a generous and serving spirit.
- Commitment to empathy, integrity, responsibility, transparency and efficiency.
How To Apply for Samaritan’s Purse Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and qualified candidates please submit CV and cover letter (ONLY) by email to email@example.com or in hard copy to Samaritan’s Purse Uganda, Plot 11 Luthuli Avenue, Bugolobi.
Deadline: 19th November 2021 at 4:00pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.