Job Title: Office Administrator – British Council Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: British Council
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
British Council Profile
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
The Office Administrator will provide efficient and effective administrative support for the whole operation. And will be responsible for the timely and accurate recording of accounting transactions and adjustments making sure that all corporate and audit standards are achieved. S/he will support month end financial management for the directorate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with respective stakeholders in British Council Uganda, the Cluster Senior Accountant and Shared Services in providing necessary documentation.
- Invoices scanned and sent to the HUB daily to ensure vendors are paid on time
- Provide support as required during the month-end processes; (pre-closing, reviewing, closing and reporting).
- Co-ordinate collection of vendor statements to enable monthly creditor reconciliations
- Support the sourcing of quotations for below 5,000 GBP threshold.
- Support administration of related contracts i.e. managing performance and risk and assist in resolving operational issues with suppliers.
- Maintain office premises as a safe, secure, healthy working environment, including inventory management, lease arrangements, provision of office, kitchen and bathroom supplies, including stock control, liaising with landlord and/or suppliers/contractors for repairs and maintenance and other related activity.
- Provide support to UK/International staff as required, e.g. logistics of departures and arrivals, maintenance of and repairs in residence, relations with landlord, documentation required in Uganda, etc.
- The ideal candidate for the British Council Office Administrator job must hold a Diploma in a relevant field. Degree in Business Administration or equivalent is desirable
- Two years of working experience as an Office Administrator in an international organization is an added advantage
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Adaptable and customer service oriented
How To Apply for British Council Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 30th November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.