ANECCA Uganda Jobs 2021 – 5 Fresher Counselors
Job Title: 5 Counselors – ANECCA Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: African Network for the Care of Children Affected by HIV/AIDS (ANECCA)
Job Location: Uganda
Reports to: District Program Officer
African Network for the Care of Children Affected by HIV/AIDS (ANECCA) Profile:
The African Network for the Care of Children Affected by HIV/AIDS (ANECCA) is a network of clinicians and social scientists across Africa working to improve the quality of health care services for women, children, adolescents, young adults, and their families in Africa by strengthening the RMNCAHN platform. ANECCA is a registered NGO in Uganda with strong collaboration with the Ministry of Health and other institutions.
The Counselor will provide Comprehensive HIV Counselling to Clients, their families, Community Members and to Mobilize and Support Communities to respond to the HIV Epidemic.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide Quality and Comprehensive Counselling Services to Clients, their partners and other family members (Pretest, Posttest, Adherence support, Intensive Adherence Counselling)
- e.Conduct assessment of Patients for HTS and provide necessary psychosocial car
- Participate in the process of empowering patients with skills for self-reliance and making appropriate succession plans
- Refer & Link Clients to appropriate medical and Psychosocial support.
- Conduct CMEs at the facility and community based on the assessed Training needs.
- Provide Technical support to Facility and Community Volunteers on HIV/AIDS awareness and document success stories.
- Conduct health talks on HIV prevention and other HIV issues.
- Conduct home visits to clients/patients and their family members.
- Offer Index client counselling & testing to house members of facility clients she/he is attached to.
- Support Linkage Volunteers in Linking clients to appropriate Health & Social Services.
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or a Diploma in any of the following fields Social Sciences, Education, SWSA, Development Studies, Community & Adult Education, Community Psychology, Guidance & Counselling, BSc Nursing or any related field.
- Additional necessary requirement; HIV Counselling Certificate, Child & Adolescent Counselling certificate or Training of trainers.
- At least one (1) year of practical work experience in HIV Counseling.
- Special knowledge in Trends and developments in HIV/AIDS Counselling, Rights of PLHIV and current MOH consolidated Guidelines for HIV Prevention, Care & Treatment.
- Excellent Counselling skills, Interpersonal Skills, Communication Skills and Computer Skills.
- Integrity, Empathy, Patience, Confidentiality & Accommodative.
- Experience working in Karamoja Region and ability to communicate in the local language.
How To Apply for ANECCA Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested persons are requested to apply by sending detailed applications with the most recent resumes and references to Esther Namwase email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 9th December 2021 by 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.