Job Title: Project Assistant – ACTED Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: ACTED Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary Range: UGX 1.8 – 2.5 Million Gross Pay Per Month
ACTED Uganda Profile
ACTED is an independent international, private, non-partisan and non-profit organization that operates according to principles of strict neutrality, political and religious impartiality, and non-discrimination. ACTED was created in 1993 to support populations affected by the conflict in Afghanistan. Based in Paris, France, ACTED now operates in 38 countries worldwide. ACTED sectors of intervention include emergency relief, food security, health promotion, economic development, education & training, microfinance, local governance & institutional support, and cultural promotion.
Under the direct hierarchy of the Project Manager, the Project Assistant will support the implementation of AAP project in Karamoja (Nakapiripirit and Amudat) and prepare written materials and progress reports for Karamoja field activities. He/she will contribute to effective and timely completion of AAP project activities, delivery of quality outputs and achievement of outcomes with maximum impact for beneficiaries.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Draft and coordinate weekly and monthly work plan according to weekly/monthly objectives
- Maintain relevant files of all activity plans, beneficiary lists, and other records
- Coordinate with group leaders in all activity planning processes and ensure maximum participation
- Actively participate in relevant field assessments to understand the beneficiaries’ needs, ensuring assessment findings are documented and communicated to all concerned project staff and that all assessments include a specific analysis of the most vulnerable groups such as women; old people and people with disability.
- Carry out the mobilization, sensitization, identification and registration of group project beneficiaries with participation from sub-county level technical person
- With full participation of local leaders, identify, train and support community-based facilitators, from within the beneficiary community
- Carry out profiling of all the beneficiary groups and group members selected to benefit under the programme
- Organize and conduct all planned trainings in a professional and quality manner
- Mentor community-based facilitators and model beneficiaries in areas of groups’ leadership, management and sustainability and, good agronomic practices including but not limited to agroforestry practices and sustainable agriculture.
- Participate in needs assessments and communicate any development needs to the Project Manager.
- Support the beneficiaries to fully participate in the cash for work activities
Cash for Work Specific Roles:
- Assist in sensitization of local government structures, communities, and opinion leaders on the targeting criteria of the project;
- Participate and support the identification and registration of the beneficiaries for this specific Cash assistant project as per the criteria agreed with the project team
- Ensure the confidentiality and the support of targeted households during the cash assistance, by working with their families, community committee’s local government, and community leaders in supervising how the assistance is used and any other issue that might arise from the project;
- Responsible for delivery of regular cash transfers and helping ensure the management of any problems (if occurring) during planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of cash transfer project.
- Compile and submit quality weekly and monthly reports in a timely manner and support in compiling quarterly and annual reports.
- Provide briefs of all external engagements including meetings and other functions
- On Monthly basis, document best practices, success stories and share with the Project manager
- Ensure quality photographic documentation is included in all reports (including upload of a minimum of 5 pictures per week onto the project folder)
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Together with M&E staff and Project Manager, implement appropriate M&E systems and tools for cash transfer programming to measure quality programming and evaluate the impact, cost-effectiveness, and relevance of specific activities.
- Assist in the registration of targeted vulnerable households, ensuring their data is collected and stored appropriately, safely, and confidentially.
- Develop methods to support communication with beneficiaries and community engagement in the targeted areas
Networking with relevant stakeholders:
- Attend all relevant stakeholder meetings especially at the sub-county and parish level
- Coordinate with all other livelihoods working groups/ partners in your area of work to eliminate duplication of activities
- Incorporate documented innovations into the implementation so as to improve programme quality and strategy
- Manage partnership/relationship with stakeholders at field levels
Other duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the recruitment of Community Based Facilitators (development of TORs, interviews, etc.)
- Capacity building of the Community Based Facilitators ensuring that they understand their roles and responsibilities to ably perform
- Ensure creation and maintenance of a positive working environment and good team dynamics
- Ensure all assets entrusted under your custody are safe and secure
- Update logistics officer and the Project Manager on the state of the motorcycles and other assets in use on regular basis
- Ensure accurate filling and timely sub-mission of log books to logistics
- Ensure cash advances are closed within the required timeframe
- Share monthly cash needs with Line Manager
- Keep record of all project activity documents as required for reporting
- Protection Mainstreaming:
- Promote and adhere to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Policy and Guidelines during activity implementation
- Ensure that beneficiary feedback and response mechanism (BFRM) activities are undertaken and community members including the project beneficiaries are aware of the different channels of reporting their concerns
Minimum Qualifications for ACTED Uganda Jobs 2022
- The ideal applicant must hold a Diploma in Agriculture (Crop Production or soil option), Forestry or Agroforestry and any other relevant fields
- Experience in cash programming and implementing permaculture is strongly desired
- Ability to communication in English and local language commonly used in project sites
- Computer literacy is strongly desired
- Employs strong analytical and problem-solving skills to manage shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Willingly to mentor more junior team members and share knowledge.
- Positive, can-do attitude with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced work environment
How To Apply for ACTED Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified Uganda Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications to email@example.com with the subject line: Application For Project Assistant– UGANDA accompanied with:
- Curriculum Vitae (Maximum 03 Pages)
- Cover Letter (Maximum 01 Page)
- Cover Letter and CV must be shared as a single PDF document i.e with the Cover Letter being on the first page and CV starting on the next page, detailing 03 work referees and their day time contacts. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your application. If required they will be requested at a later stage.
- Applications failing to respect the criteria above will not be considered.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 22nd May 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.