EDC Uganda Jobs 2022 – Finance Assistant
Job Title: Finance Assistant – EDC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Education Development Center (EDC)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Finance Officer-Subcontracts
Education Development Center (EDC) Profile:
EDC promotes equity and access to high quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work.
EDC is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The goal of the five-year, USAID-funded Integrated Child and Youth Development (ICYD) Activity is for Ugandan children and youth, especially the most vulnerable, to receive the support and services necessary to lead resilient, healthy, and productive lives. The ICYD Activity is expected to achieve the following:
- Children and youth have improved learning outcomes;
- Children and youth are safe and healthy in their community and learning environments; and
- Youth practice positive behaviors and are able to make informed decisions about their lives and relationships.
Working in partnership with Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) and Ministry of Gender, Labor and Social Development (MGLSD), district and zonal officials, and other Ugandan government and civil society partners, ICYD will comprise a series of activities to: support improved basic education for Ugandan children; address school-related and gender-based violence; facilitate enhanced child protection and support for vulnerable youth; provide support to HIV-affected orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and their caregivers/families; and support HIV care and treatment outcomes in close collaboration with clinical and community structures. ICYD will also contribute to improved systems within the MoES and MGLSD to promote Early Grade Reading (EGR) and child protection.
The Finance Assistant will support the ICYD Finance Team with the scanning and filing of finance documentation and assist with follow up and tasks related to tracking staff advances, vendor invoices, mobile money payments, and petty cash, among others. This position reports to the Finance Officer. This is a full-time position based in Kampala, Uganda.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Full responsibility (managing and tracking) over the office petty cash fund.
- Scan and file all accounting documentation on a monthly basis per EDC file retention policies.
- Contact person for all finance – vendor/payee relations outside and inside of the office ensuring payments are received, missing documents retrieved, missing signatures obtained and any other matters arising allowing for complete and correct supporting documentation to make ready for QuickBooks data entry.
- Ensure all finance files are organized, complete and up to date at all times.
- Work closely with the finance team to follow up with staff on all outstanding advances to ensure timely reconciliation of advances.
- Work closely with finance teams, as requested.
- Support the finance team by obtaining original invoices and receipts for VAT reporting on monthly basis. Ensure photocopies of originals are properly attached to the voucher while originals are submitted to USAID. Replace photocopies with originals when USAID returns the originals.
- Work with the finance teams to review and verify names of participants before mobile money payments are made. Contact participants with mismatches of mobile money registered names and/or numbers.
- Other duties consistent with the role of a Finance Assistant as assigned by the Supervisor.
The candidate for the position of Finance Assistant shall have the following minimum qualifications:
- Secondary education and 3 to 4 years of experience required, supervisory experience preferred. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree is desirable but not required.
- Previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and ethics.
- Excellent Word and Excel skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English.
How To Apply for EDC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 9th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.